Author Topic: Edward G. Davies  (Read 3689 times)

Offline eric

• RootsChat Senior
  • Thank you for any help
    • View Profile
Edward G. Davies
« on: Thursday 26 January 06 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Can any one please help. In the 1901 Census Edward George Davies born 1831 at Llandrinio and his wife Martha A. Davies born1837 at Churchstoke,  were living at 1 Chapel Street Llanwchaiarn, Newtown. They were my great grand parents and may have been living in Newtown it self at the later end of thier life. A number of thier children were living in the Newtown area.One of the sons William Davies and his wife Jane,plus five children were there. He was manager at The Milleners  Dress and Department Store,51 Broad Street, Newtown.I would be extremely greatfull to any one who could help me. Very many thanks

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Edward G. Davies
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 January 06 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Have you found the family on any of the other census?  Birth? Marriage? death records?

Could you please let us know exactly what help you need? :)

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline eric

• RootsChat Senior
  • Thank you for any help
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 January 06 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Edward G, Davies was born in Llandrinio in 1829and was baptised August 9th 1829 in Llandrinio. He also had a brother Thomas baptised February 20th 1831 also in Llandrinio.Thier parents were Edward and Elizabeth Davies, Shop keepers and Grocers,I then appear to lose all trace of the family. I can find no trace of of Edward  and Elizabeth Davies, but i find Edward  G. and his wife Martha A. Davies at Top Shop, Churchstoke. They have eleven children Mary Elizabeth4/4/1854, William1/5/1855 b. Buttington, Ann28/3/1857 b. Buttington,The rest of the family born Churchstoke.Edward George13/11/1861, Francis John 6/4/1860, Martha Selina 4/3/1863,Sarah Annutt14/5/1867 Margret2/10/1869, Louisa21/10/1871, Thomas Aeron7/10/1873 and Thomas Owen Davies1877. I then come across the family in 1901 living at 1 Chapel Street, Llanwchaiarn, Newtown.At this time father Edward George Davies ,senior was a Drapers Warehouseman aged 71 years old.I can find no trace of the marriage, No trace of his parents or thier death. I can find no trace of Edward G. and his wife Martha A. Davies death and I have some fairly blank periods in between from 1831 to 1870 . Can anyone please help me fill in the gaps.  Many thanks.

Offline brynhyfryd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 February 06 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eric

You may wish to consider the following possibilities from  Freebmd :

Marriage:  Edward George Davies & Martha Anne Davies
                 Qtr ended Jun 1853  Ref: Montgomery 11b/425

Deaths:     Edward George Davies (age 74)
                 Qtr ended Jun 1904  Ref: Newtown 11b/125

Martha Ann Davies (age 65 ??)
                 Qtr ended Mar 1895  Ref: Forden 11b/149

There is no guarantee that these are all your family. Copy certificates may be ordered via www.pro.gov.uk or from other sources.

I noticed in your message of 31/1/06 that you have the youngest of Edward & Martha's children as Thomas Owen b. 1877.  From the 1881 census, the name appears as ALFRED OWEN DAVIES age 4.

Good luck
Stan.
Hudson:Hutson:Oliver:Perkin:Turner:Davies:Edmunds:Jones:Smith:Evans - Montgomeryshire
Beamond - Shropshire
Jones:Atkinson:Davies:Williams - Denbighshire
Jones:Evans - Merionethshire

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 February 06 15:43 GMT (UK) »
You beat me to it Stan!!!!!! ;D  Well done ;)

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand