Author Topic: SYNNOTT/SINNOTT/SENNETT  (Read 4754 times)

Offline corinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
SYNNOTT/SINNOTT/SENNETT
« on: Tuesday 21 September 04 09:51 BST (UK) »
Joseph SENNETT who married Julia Ann RYAN came to West Yorkshire from Co Wicklow in 1847/48.  They were married in Wicklow, and the first two children were born there.  I have not been able to discover which village they come from, though one family link suggests Rathdrum.

If anyone comes across any reference to SYNNOTT/SENNETT (any spelling) in Wicklow, can you please let me know which parish(es), and particularly if there are also RYANs in the same parish.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: SYNNOTT/SINNOTT/SENNETT
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 October 04 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,

How about the Griffith valuation taken in 1852-3 in Wicklow, Kilmacanoge where there is a James and a Lawrence Ryan and a John and Lucy Synnott.

http://204.60.95.138/hayes1966/griffiths/wicklow/Kilmacanoge.htm

There's another Synnott household in Kilcommon.

The catholic parish  is I think Bray . The baptismal records are available from 1792 for you to check if this is the right place.

http://scripts.ireland.com/ancestor/fuses/rcparishmaps/index.cfm?fuseaction=showidrecords&CityCounty=Wicklow&parish=Bray&churchid=509

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline lovin lass

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: SYNNOTT/SINNOTT/SENNETT
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 March 06 14:54 BST (UK) »
hi
nice to see some one else struggling with this surname
i have man and wife born ireland but living in brum
mans name micheal sinnett as on the 1851 census married a lady bridget both from ireland
did find one micheal with surname spelt sinnott in wicklow,dont realy have firm evidence to prove this was him micheal was born 1804

angie x
hewitts of birmingham
jones of ladywood
beddows of birmingham
harrison of birmingham
gibsons of birmingham