Author Topic: Martindale one name Study  (Read 2418 times)

Offline GeneBug2006

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Martindale one name Study
« on: Sunday 29 January 06 00:53 GMT (UK) »
I would like to get in touch with anyone who's researching the Martindale's of Westmorland, & Lancashire.
Hedley Durham/Northumberland

Heller - London

Martin - London

Young - Scotland/England

Freethy - Cornwall

Pannell - Sussex   

Pemberton - Lancashire  

Martindale - Lancashire/Westmorland/Cumberland

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Corriebell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Martindale one name Study
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 February 07 17:48 GMT (UK) »
Re Martindales Westmorland and Lancashire. My Grandfather, James Bell Martindale,and his brother John Johnstone Martindale and John's  son Allan, ,were in business ( woollen manufacturing) in Manchester from about 1880 until 1933 at least.
 The family were brought up in Dumfriesshire, Scotland and although I cannot discover the parents of their father---my Gt. Grandfather-- who was born (1828) in Kirkcudbright (from the 1841 census on which he was a Boarder.)
 There are so few Martindales in Scotland I believe the family originated in Westmorland.I would like to find a link. Corriebell.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline misslucky

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Martindale one name Study
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 September 15 23:36 BST (UK) »
hi i have martindale I my tree 2 sisters marrying the same man (airey) we might have a match in our family trees