Author Topic: Adam Skirving / Janet Bairnsfather COMPLETED  (Read 8158 times)

Offline Kate NZ

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Adam Skirving / Janet Bairnsfather COMPLETED
« on: Tuesday 31 January 06 01:59 GMT (UK) »
Adam & Janet married Whittinghame 1678 children
Adam,Heugh,William,Margaret,Archibald,Isobell,Helen,Janet,John,Alexander anyone reserarching this family if so i would love to hear from you Harriet :D
Borders Ettrick Brydon/Bryden Smeal Tait
East Lothian King Pryde Skirvin<br />Lauder Berwick   Murdison Watson<br />Midlothian  Smail Hamilton <br />Glasgow Bryan<br />Clackmannan Todd Ramsay <br />Shetland Isles Nelson Hubbys side<br />East Sussex Fellows Hutchinson Branscombe<br />London Bowers <br />Devon Branscombe <br />Devon French Bird Dommett Hubbys side<br />Ireland Fitzgerald Bryan Burns.

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Skirving / Janet Bairnsfather
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Adam Skirving married Janet Barnsfather 31 July 1678 at Whittinghame, fond a Jonet (Janet) Barnsfather born at Pencaitland and christened on 12 Apr 1646.

Found a MARGARET SKIRVEN  christened 16 May 1685, then found a marriage in Stenton to a Mathew Thomson 05 May 1706.

Then I found a HELEN SKIRVIN   married to a Heugh Bairnfather at Aberlady 05 Jan 1716. This could be connected. trying to find connection between Janet and Heugh. They had a child christened Janet, 9th July 1720 at Aberlady.

Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline Kate NZ

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Helen Skirvin m Huegh Bairnsfather Helen was the daughter of Adam Skirvin & Janet Bairnsfather Huegh was a nephew or something like that to Janet Thanks Harriet :D
East Lothian King Pryde Skirvin<br />Lauder Berwick   Murdison Watson<br />Midlothian  Smail Hamilton <br />Glasgow Bryan<br />Clackmannan Todd Ramsay <br />Shetland Isles Nelson Hubbys side<br />East Sussex Fellows Hutchinson Branscombe<br />London Bowers <br />Devon Branscombe <br />Devon French Bird Dommett Hubbys side<br />Ireland Fitzgerald Bryan Burns.

Offline LC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 March 06 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Is Peter Skirving who married Margaret Hay on 6/6/1790 in Garvald anything to do with your tree?

They went on to have 4 children -
Andrew 25/7/1791
William 1/12/1793
twins Margaret and Peter 30/1/1880

LC

Offline Kate NZ

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 March 06 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi i havent done a lot on the Skirvin family and at this stage i havent found a Peter it seems to have been quite a prominent name in East Lothian so you shouldnt have to much trouble finding them happy hunting Harriet

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Skirving / Janet Bairnsfather COMPLETED
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 June 19 00:32 BST (UK) »
Is he the same Adam who was married in 1669 to Agnes Neilsone, with Helene 1672,  Catherine 1673, and Agnes 1675

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 28 June 19 14:37 BST (UK) »
Hi kiwicol.

Helen 09 Jan 1672 had Parents Adam/Helen nee HARLOW
(possible Marriage Prestonkirks; Adam Skirvin/Jean Harlaw)

Adam/Agnes Bapt;
Catherine 19 Apr 1673 to Adam/Agnes
Agnes 02 Jan 1675 ditto

The Adam who married 1678 was of Sprott Parish, Janet of Whittinghame
Nothing on FreeREG to say he was Widowed.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 20 July 19 02:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trish looks like Jean was a sister to Adam, as her husband Patrick Coldoun was witness on Catherines baptism, and on Agnes's William Knox and James Skirvine.
A William Knox was married to an Agnes Skirvine and Agnes 1675 was married to their son Archibald.

Offline CWALSH22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 06 November 19 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone, I am looking at William Knox and Agnes Skirving too. I have found Agnes 1675 and Archibald Knox 1680, I found an Agnes Skirving born 1693 d. of William, Adam's brother originally, but I realise that was wrong. The only William Knox I can find was born in Edinburgh in 1643 which I thought may be the one as his grandson George born 1731 was a merchant and tenant there.

Have you got the baptismal records for a William Knox with Patrick Coldoun as witness then? That would make more sense if there is a William Knox in Whittinghame at that time. Would you mind sharing that information with me?