Author Topic: Do you have ancesters in Gateshead Fell 1886?  (Read 32270 times)

Offline nmaddi

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have ancesters in Gateshead Fell 1886?
« Reply #117 on: Monday 05 July 10 00:01 BST (UK) »
Can you see if you have anything for Crone.  My Gt Grandfather lived on what is now Durham Rd,  I know there is the Statue opposite the P.O which is for his cousin William Crone who died in the Boer War 20.11.1901.  Do your records show anything else.

Thanks

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Saturday 10 July 10 12:40 BST (UK) »
He there
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have been in Scotland for a few days.  There are no Crone's mentioned in the book.

Susan
Crampton, Cook,  Bell, Pinkney, Curry, Duffey, Marshall, Smurthwaite, Urwin - Durham/North Yorks
Harrison - Northumberland
Rowland, Nicholson, Sneaton - Whitby
Athey, Ball, Lamb, Handley, Rymer, Duffey, Pool, Stringer, Wilkinson, Varley - West Yorks
Fisher - Essex

Cencus information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Almaha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Thursday 26 August 10 15:55 BST (UK) »
Before I ask you about a particular surname could you tell me whether Gateshead Fell is the same as The Felling.  Thanks

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Thursday 26 August 10 18:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Almaha

I don't think it's the same but I don't know for certain.  I'd be happy to look for your names anyway.

Susan
Crampton, Cook,  Bell, Pinkney, Curry, Duffey, Marshall, Smurthwaite, Urwin - Durham/North Yorks
Athey, Ball, Lamb, Handley, Rymer, Duffey, Pool, Stringer, Wilkinson, Varley - West Yorks
Fisher - Essex

Cencus information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline onebignefamily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Sunday 29 August 10 05:46 BST (UK) »
I have the Parish Magazine for Gateshead Fell 1886. Included at the end of the volume are the parish notices and accounts.

If you think you may have had any family in the area at the time I will be happy to look through it.

There are christenings, marriages and burials and also donations by parishioners are noted in the accounts.

There are also various committees mentioned, so even if you don't expect a BMD in 1886 there may be a mention of an ancestor who was perhaps a member of the 'Young Men's Improvement Society' or maybe yours is Mr Foot who was paid 5s for 'making a tank'   ???

Never get tired of looking at it so let me know, however vague you think your connection may be.

Susan

Hi SooCat

Do you have any Aisbitt, or Bolam Hunter

Thanks from downunder

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Sunday 29 August 10 14:05 BST (UK) »
Hello

There is a baptism for a Robert Nevin Bolam of Kell's Lane , baptised 24th October 1886.

Also, I don't know if this is of any interest, but there is a mention in the accounts of a Mr. Hunter who was paid £3 10s for a new bookcase and also £3 9s for repairs.  Maybe he was a carpenter?

Susan
Fisher - Essex

Offline rhall36

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Sunday 29 August 10 20:04 BST (UK) »
SooCatt,
    My father, Robert William Hall was baptised at St John's (1914), my mother-in-law Margaret Parkinson was baptised at St John's (1906). They were married (obviously not to each other), 1935 Dec, and 1933 Feb respectively.

My grandmother Violet Wales married at St John's, to Robert Hall (1913 Dec). Also my maternal grandparents Joseph Wales/Roseanne Hall (maybe at St Edmund's circa 1913).

My wife and I, Margaret Graham, and Robert William Hall, were baptized, 1938 and 1936 respectively, and married at St John's in 1958 Oct, by the Reverend Cartwright.

Now to the question, do you have anything in the old 1886 report, with the names Wales, Parkinson, or Hall

I still visit St John's every time I come back to the UK.

Best regards,   Rob Hall, Katy, TEXAS

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Monday 30 August 10 06:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob
There are just these ones that I have given you already earlier in this thread

Marrgaret Jane Hall   Sheriff Hill  baptised 15th June 1886
Margaret Jane Hall   Sheriff Hill  buried 28th September 1886 4 months

Charles Patterson Wales   Sheriff Hill  baptised 20th June 1886

Susan 

Fisher - Essex

Offline rhall36

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 15:17 BST (UK) »
My apologies for having asked before; the mind starts failing at 74. But on these baptisms, did it have the parents names?

Gratefully,    Rob Hall, Katy, TEXAS