Author Topic: Completed thanks 1851 census lookup please Gee  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Completed thanks 1851 census lookup please Gee
« on: Thursday 02 February 06 03:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi peoples.

I'm looking for a George GEE bapt 1823 Longstanton. Born about 1820 I think.

Am curious as to what he got up to before I think heading to Australia in 1852.
He was listed as age 32 which would make him maybe born about 1820ish I'm guessing.

ALSO

I still can't find any record for his sister Naomi who married Charles EMMINGS in the 1841 or 1851 census. Can someone please help me here???
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 census lookup please Gee
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 February 06 05:03 GMT (UK) »
Collings Street, Oakington
George Gee Head M 30 Ag Lab Camb Longstanton
Marian Wife M 37 Camb Shelford
HO107/1759 Chesterton Willingham Folio 105 Page 13
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 February 06 05:13 GMT (UK) »
There is a record on the IGI site for the marriage of Naomi Gee to Charles Emmings 24 October 1830 St Andrew-The-Great, Cambridge.  Maybe somebody else is researching this family as it is a User Submitted entry and so more suspect than the extracted Records.  Be sure to check the original Parish Records yourself before accepting this information.

Sorry I can find no trace of her on the 1851 census, nor a death or any subsequent marriage on FreeBMD. 

If you think she might have died after 1837 you could search the original death indexes at www.ancestry.co.uk.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Lilygirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 February 06 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for that.
How do you know if they're extraced records?

It seems strange that she disappears when the rest of the family all seem to have stuck together. I saw Charles Emmings marriage so guessed she'd be Naomi Emmings but maybe that's not the case.
Seems that a lot of that family emigrated to Australia. I knew 2 did but now find that another sister and brother did also. I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to look next for her.

There's another couple in the family I haven't looked at yet so maybe she's listed with them in a latter census???

Thanks anyway for your help.
Muchly appreciated.

Lilygirl

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 February 06 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I can find no trace of Naomi in any census or in any passenger or immigration list that I have access to.

If you check the IGI for the marriage which I mentioned you will see below the entry that it gives a paragraph detailing "User Submitted Entry".  If instead of this you check any entries which have been transcribed by members of the LDS Church from Parish Registers then it will say below it that the details have been Extracted from the Records.

It might be a good idea if you can ask your local LDS Centre if you can order the film for the Parish Records of St Andrew the Great, or if you are near the Record Office for Cambridge they would have them and you will be able to see the entry first hand to check its validity.

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 02 February 06 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Phillimore's Parish Register transcript includes the marriage at St Andrew the Great on 24 Oct 1830 between Charles Emmings and Naomi Gee.

Whilst still a transcript it is infinitely more reliable than a member submission on the IGI (even though in this case the IGI entry appears to have more basis in fact than many do)

According to the IGI and Cambs FHS's Baptism Index they had two daughters in Cambridge, but like MaryA I cannot see any of them after that

David
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 02 February 06 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Just saying Hello, David  :D

Mary