Author Topic: Law Clerk Robert Homan  (Read 1642 times)

Offline densavage

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Law Clerk Robert Homan
« on: Saturday 04 February 06 02:07 GMT (UK) »
Could anyone tell me how to find out details or has any one seen a reference in the county or town of Cork to a Robert Homan a Law Clerk who was dead prior 1860, he was the father of a Charles Homan born c 1830, Charles had a second given name of Holton, At his marriage in 1860 at Southampton he was living in the house of my ancestor Nicholas Taylor Homan in Southampton. Nicholas born 1820 on his seamans ticket his place of birth was given as Cork. As I have has no luck in finding Nicholas's ancestry maybe I will have with Charles as all the evidence ie occupations and naming patterns etc point to Nicholas and Charles being brothers, A known brother of Nicholas was a Francis Homan born c 1822 also a seaman.
Thank you for reading this    Dennis
Piercy Nfk .Buck Nfk. Vince Nfk. Meachen Nfk. Fuller Nfk. Green Swannington Nfk. Seaman Yaxham Nfk  Savage Sur/ Ham. Homan Cor/Ham. Higgins Gal/Ham. Knott  Thame Oxf. Maynard Great Haseley Oxf. Lewis Henley in Arden War.Woodhams Ken/Sus.Sargent Hastings. Waters Hastings.Evernden Hastings. Savery Hastings,
Colgan Gal. Keenan  Millisle & Belfast. Kane Dow. Mcaleese Belfast. Fitzpatrick Kik.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pat Reid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Law Clerk Robert Homan
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 February 06 05:31 GMT (UK) »
Dennis:

This may be a possibility:
LGA  1817  9  5  NPM  HOMAN  Robert  Mr  On Sunday last at Peter's Church, by the Rev Mr WAGGETT, Mr Robert HOMAN to Miss Charlotte COTTRELL daughter of Mr Francis COTTRELL of Cork 

And:   
LS  1839  3  29  NPD  HOMAN  Alicia     At Sydney place, Cork, Alicia second daughter of R HOMAN Esq 

http://members.webone.com.au/~nickred/newspaper/np_abst20.htm

Pat

Reid, McAlinden, Larmour, Mulholland, Kelly
Warrenpoint, Rostrevor, Rathfriland