Author Topic: 5 royal place hunslet  (Read 9010 times)

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re: 5 royal place hunslet
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 September 04 15:42 BST (UK) »
Annette,

It is also worth putting a post into the county board covering Leeds on this site,  then it is sure to be seen by those researching in the area:

http://www.rootschat.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=44.0

Good Luck,

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline williams-taylor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 January 11 21:59 GMT (UK) »
The Royals are just off Arthington avenue opposite the old Lake, filled in during the 1950s to make a bowling green........when I was a child people could remeber a boatman. The Royals were back to back terrace housing, typical of the industrial housing put up for workers as industry expanded rapidly. I don't know where live....but in Leeds all streets were in name groups...Royal place, Royal terrace, Royal View etc..............thye could well still exist.........but as they had no bathrooms and were backtoback maybe not. The Arthington's are still there. Google the Leodis site.........this will lead you to a huge collection of old photos of Leeds and district.......Good luck Diane

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 January 11 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

This is what the area looks like now, a bit of 'walking around' and you can see what Royal Place, sadly it looks as if the houses are much too modern. A bit more wandering and you can see Arthington View which has much older houses, maybe Royal Place used to look the same.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0bes/

Isn't the Leodis site is great, I'm just sorry I haven't any ancestors from Yorkshire :D

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)