Author Topic: Kelly's Barrack Street  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Sharon O

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kelly's Barrack Street
« on: Saturday 04 February 06 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Everyone, Not sure if anyone can help me I am looking for help with a census or household lookup for 144 Barrack Street,Ballybricken, Waterford,
Same family living there from early 1900's through to 1978, or does anyone know how i can look up this myself on-line any advise appreciated, Thanks in advance.
Critchley,Williamson,Shortall,Prescott  EVERTON LIVERPOOL
Kelly,Wall,Morrisy, Trinity without,BALLYBRICKEN WATERFORD
O'Neill, Wrigley, MANCHESTER

Offline janham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kelly's Barrack Street
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 February 06 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sharon,

Obviously your having trouble receiving my replies, I'm not sure why.  Anyhow it looks like the site is no longer in existence.  I can still get into the street names as I stored the link in my favorites and it will let me in, but it won't let me see anything else and there is no home page link.  I was able to access the Barrack Street residents for 1909/1910  are you sure you have the correct house number 144, as the houses go from 1 to 100.  Can you tell me the first name of the Kelly you are looking for and I will search what I can from the link I can access. 

You can look at the microfilm for the 1911 census at the Latter Day Saints family history centre, the film number you need for Barrack street is 2104098 I think, but ask them to check for you before you order it.

My dad was born in Barrack street, but I'm still don't know what number, his birth certificate just states Barrack Street.  He was born in 1912 and his family lived in another street ( Emmett's Place) on the 1911 Census.  I will have to wait for the next census to be released to check which number they actually lived in.

If I can be of any more help please let me know.

Jan
Otho Hamilton, John Hamilton, George Hamilton, William Hamilton, from Waterford.
Cullinane and Fitz-henry from Waterford
Oxland from Waterford
The Olivestob Hamiltons from Edinburgh.

Cook from Stroud, Painswick, Glos.
Hudson from Huddersfield, Liverpool
Spiers from Evesham and Liverpool
Jinks from Evesham and Liverpool

Offline Sharon O

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 February 06 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Jan the address i have is 144 Barrack St and i went to Barrack Street in Oct last year had a look at the house still empty since 1978 when my Gt uncle died, It is owned by a landlord and he obviously has'nt the money to refurbish it , but it is still standing, I went to the graveyard at Ballybricken and saw his grave and headstone actually reads: James Kelly Ex Sergt R.I.C 144 BARRACK STREET ( on closer looking of the photo's i took the 144 could be /44 slash 44 and not 144) anyway the family are as follows James 1864,Mary 1868 and 10 children any help is really appreciated, Thanks again.
Ps thanks for info on the LDS i live not far from the Liverpool centre, Do you have to make an appointment or do you just turn up?.

Offline janham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 February 06 21:09 GMT (UK) »
Sharon,

The family history center is in Tuebrook, their phone number is 0151 292 0614, the man in charge last time I was there was a Mr David Crompton.   It is only a very small place, you will need to call in to actually order your film.  It normally takes about 2 weeks for it to arrive, when it's in they will phone you and let you know,  this is when you make your appointment to reserve the film reader.  I always used to reserve the reader for the full day, you will be surprised how quickly the time goes by.

They have all the Irish Civil Registration records there at the center all the time.  I spent days searching though these and it was very worth while as I was able to quite a few of my family and was able to then order the certificates.

I have had a look at Barrack St, in 1909/10 at 44 there was living a Percy Power, occupation Labourer, number 43 Bridgiet Mc Coy, vintner and at number 45 William Banville householder, no sign of any Kelly's at all for this street.   It could be that your Kelly lodged with one of these people, as the site only lists the householders name then you would not see him.  It looks like you will have to look at the census on microfilm to answer your question.

Jan
Otho Hamilton, John Hamilton, George Hamilton, William Hamilton, from Waterford.
Cullinane and Fitz-henry from Waterford
Oxland from Waterford
The Olivestob Hamiltons from Edinburgh.

Cook from Stroud, Painswick, Glos.
Hudson from Huddersfield, Liverpool
Spiers from Evesham and Liverpool
Jinks from Evesham and Liverpool

Offline Sharon O

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 February 06 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jan for all your help, you are probably right about lodging with some one if i look on the census it should be easy to spot him especially as he must of been a constable before he was a Sergent  and it should have his occupation on the census return. Thanks again

Offline goggy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 01 August 06 07:32 BST (UK) »
Just a point here,in lot's of cases I've noticed that the Constabulary did'nt give details to censuss',would this be the case here?
My interest was taken by this post 'cos I have a family ,suppposed to be in O'Brien St at census time. No trace of them,only possible rellies.
Which also beg's the question,where Lodger's supposed to be counted?
 Puzzle after puzzle!Because Iv'e seen them noted before,boarder's+Lodger's. ;) ;D
                      Goggy.