Author Topic: Hampton, Laurencekirk  (Read 32218 times)

Offline rondem

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hampton, Laurencekirk
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 12 May 09 12:37 BST (UK) »
Jane is living with her daughter Ann and son in law Alex Stevenson on the 171 census and is listed as a widow. So, John obviously had died prior to this date.

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 14 May 09 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Up to my neck in House alterations at the moment,but will be in touch with you again soon.Are you related to Jean Hampton ore the McBay line?
Regards
Mike
Kincardine/Northumberland/Co.Durham/London/Middlesex,Surrey,Tipperary Ireland.Scotland.England.
McBay/McBey,Ritchie,Blues/Blews/Blewes, Davidson,Campbell,Clark,Craig,Criggie,Douglas,Duncan,Dutch,Wyllie,Howard,Farrelly,Finch,Fogarty,Forbes,Freeman, Gibb,Geddes,Gove,Hampton,Jolly, Mackie,Masson,
McKenzie,Mearns,Milne,Mowatt,Mulvany,Nicol,O'Connor,Paton,Pert,Rae,Reid,Robertson,Ross,Scott,Sheret,Simpson,Slater,Smith,Souter, Stephen(s),Stevenson,Stewart,Sutherland,Taylor,Thomson,Webster,Wilson

Offline margaret103

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 21 July 09 22:57 BST (UK) »
Ann McBAY  b.c. 1841 (Parents John McBAY and Jean HAMPTON ) married Alexander Bain STEVENSON on 14 February 1862 at Johnshaven (ScotPeople). They had 10 children.
Alexander B STEVENSON was a whitefisher.
Margaret103

Offline margaret103

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 23 July 09 15:53 BST (UK) »
Looking for Foggyman re John MCBAY married to Jean HAMPTON.
Margaret103

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 24 July 09 17:31 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Just back from holiday,I will get back to you in next 7/10 days
Regards
Mike
Kincardine/Northumberland/Co.Durham/London/Middlesex,Surrey,Tipperary Ireland.Scotland.England.
McBay/McBey,Ritchie,Blues/Blews/Blewes, Davidson,Campbell,Clark,Craig,Criggie,Douglas,Duncan,Dutch,Wyllie,Howard,Farrelly,Finch,Fogarty,Forbes,Freeman, Gibb,Geddes,Gove,Hampton,Jolly, Mackie,Masson,
McKenzie,Mearns,Milne,Mowatt,Mulvany,Nicol,O'Connor,Paton,Pert,Rae,Reid,Robertson,Ross,Scott,Sheret,Simpson,Slater,Smith,Souter, Stephen(s),Stevenson,Stewart,Sutherland,Taylor,Thomson,Webster,Wilson

Offline margaret103

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 24 July 09 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike,
Look forward to hearing from you.
Margaret

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 25 July 09 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret,
I do have information on Jean(Jane) BMDS Etc. According to the death cert. of Elizabeth b/d 1855 there were 4 girls born to John/Jean.I have the following: Ann b.1839,d.1895. Margaret Fullerton b.1845,d.1855. Elizabeth born and died 1855. So when was other daughter born? At the moment I have not been able to find a birth/death cert for the missing girl.
There are several variations to McBay/Hampton surname which I have not had time to research yet.
Are you related?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Mike

Offline margaret103

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 25 July 09 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike,
Elizabeth MILNE b.1771 d.1860 was my GGGG Aunt, who married David HAMPTON in 1800, they had 6 children, the last one being Jean b.1815 d. 1886., she married Jon McBAY b.c. 1817 and by a Death Certificate I downloaded died 1858, Benholm, Aged 41.  The Death Certificate gives no parents, wife or occupation and cause of death reads as follows: "Corna :and pressure on the brain caused by a fracture of the skull at the back. The opinion of Frederick Lewison M.D. Inverbervie, who attended the deceased. The injury was occasioned by the deceased having accidentally fallen on a stone; slates." The death was registered on the information of W. K. Tindal, Procurator Fiscal. 
Do you think this is your John McBAY?
I have only three children to this couple, Ann, Margaret and Elizabeth who died in 1855. In fact I cannot find Margaret's death, the only record I have of her is on the 1851 Census where she is listed as 1 year old.
What is your relationship to this couple?
Margaret

Offline wallyf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 04 July 11 19:17 BST (UK) »

I do have information on Jean(Jane) BMDS Etc. According to the death cert. of Elizabeth b/d 1855 there were 4 girls born to John/Jean.I have the following: Ann b.1839,d.1895. Margaret Fullerton b.1845,d.1855.  . . .

<snip>

Do you have any idea where that "Fullerton" slipped into the name for Margaret?  I had Fullerton family in that area but I haven't found either McBay or Hampton among the connected surnames.
Those Fullertons and related names associated with the family of George Fullerton and Margaret Pirie who resided at Mains of Dun about 1740 and Knox of Benholm after 1760, and their descendents scattered from Lunan to Peterhead, across Canada and the United States, and assuredly elsewhere.