Author Topic: sanderson  (Read 5707 times)

Offline liz35

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
sanderson
« on: Monday 06 February 06 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Georgina sanderson b 1898 in govan hill gave birth to a son Angus McQuilkin sanderson  in 1915 he was born in rothersay.Angus was brought up by his grandparents George sanderson b 1872 and Jane mccallum b 1870..Georgina went to liverpool and ended up having Freda 1918 and then married a George Hawthorne.my Nan (Freda) remembers her mum crying cus her " brother" Angus was going to live in Canada.. i cannot find him Ive searched immigrants etc and no name of him there and also  deaths and burials in Canada can anyone help me
regards Liz 
mccallum,sanderson,park,storie,storrie,little,boyle,
beardsmore,cottrell,

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: sanderson
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 February 06 03:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz,

I can't help you but have you looked at this site.

http://www.genealogybranches.com/international.html

There are a veriety of death indexes and census.

regards,
Jo
Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: sanderson
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 February 06 04:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz

(It's me again) :)

You should try searching the National Archives of Canada at http://www.collectionscanada.ca/

Click on the "Canadian Genealogy Centre"

They have a "Genealogy Inquiry Form" that you can fill out.
Although they don't undertake searches themselves, they can advise you on where to look for information. All you do is provide as much information that you have, as well as what it is you need to find out about. (eg. immigration records, death etc.)

Also, could Angus be known by another first name. (Even though Angus is the English spelling, he may have decided to change his first name.)

If you know what province he immigrated to, you will find that each has their own archives as well.

Also, try posting on the "Emigrants - to Canada" section of Roots Chat. It just may be that someone has access to some of the immigration records.

Good Luck.

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie