Author Topic: BBC Gloucs Judith's WIRTZ ancestor from Prussia  (Read 9159 times)

Offline minchmike

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BBC Gloucs Judith's WIRTZ ancestor from Prussia
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 27 April 06 15:10 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone
Well Babs and I have exchanged lots of information and it is so interesting to see the similarities in our families.  The artistic and creative side of the family obviously came from the Wirtz genes.  Both Babs's sister and mine hand make greeting cards and we both have houses full of books.  She knows of other family rumours linking gt.gt. grandfather to the German Hospital at Dalston and also some connection with Eugenie - Napoleon's wife?  I had already found a Jean Wirtz who fought with Napoleon and was awarded the St Helena medal so may try to find more out about this from France.  Any ideas where to start?

Judith

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 27 April 06 15:34 BST (UK) »
Empressive - sorry impressive!!  ;D

I am sure most of us would swap you an ag lab for an Empress, if only for a day!

Wonderful that you have made the connection and I hope you enjoy your new virtual friendship.

I would be inclined to post again for your new line of enquiry.  Try the Common Room board this time, as we do not know (do we?) that this family immigrated until later.  You can refer to this thread by pasting the URL into the new one.

Good luck - I for one will be watching to see where it leads. Hopefully we can help both of you with your other lines of enquiry too.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline babsfamhis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Who am I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 27 April 06 16:50 BST (UK) »
Jorose

Thanks for Times reports

Any idea where I could get copies of original newsprint, my mum was so intrigued by these!!

Thanks
Babs
Flewers Middlesex area<br />Bowley London area