Author Topic: Looking for Leslie Brivio  (Read 3770 times)

Offline DaveBrivio

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Leslie Brivio
« on: Sunday 12 February 06 10:04 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for my step brother Leslie Brivio,who was born in South London about 1916. His father was Giovanni Brivio and mother was Ivy Brivio(nee Lampkin). His mother died in Italy and I have been told that he emigrated to Canada, from the U.K., after the 1st World War, to where I have no idea. I would begrateful if someone could tell me where I could search for his emigration details,and also where in Canada he might live,or lived as he would be 90 now. Failing this I would like to contact any relatives he might have.
Thank you

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Leslie Brivio
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 February 06 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Sometimes there are living relatives to be found here:
http://findaperson.canada411.ca/

an Enrichatta Brivio came here from (Italy) in 1933
but no record of your Leslie...
http://www.collectionscanada.ca/02/02011802_e.html

J.J.

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline DaveBrivio

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 08:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks a lot for your reply and help, I often wonder whether he changed his name to his late mother's which was Lampkin. Will let you know if I have any luck.
Dave

Offline Mark Stevenson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 July 12 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm distantly related to Ivy Lampkin and came across this post.  Are you sure he was Leslie and not Raymond? The GRO indexes have the following entries so it looks like Leslie died as an infant:

Births Mar 1915
Brivio    Raymond B    Lampkin    Elham    2a   2146

Births Sep 1916
Brivio    Leslie L    Lampkin    Lewisham    1d   2023

Deaths Mar 1917
BRIVIO    Leslie L    0    Elham    2a   1894

Regards
Mark
BANFIELD - Kent
CARTER - Dovercourt
COLLINS - Lambeth, Westminster, Thames Watermen
CRISPIN - Lulworth, Alverstoke, Woolwich
FLYNN - Chatham, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
HODGKINS - Tanworth, East Ham
MAVITY - Enniskillen, Woolwich
PRICE - Stepney, Hackney, Deptford
PULLUM - Camberwell, Shoreditch
SHEPHARD - Camberwell, Mile End
SIMPSON - Chatham, Woolwich
SOMERS - Blagdon, Glastonbury
STEVENSON - Lambeth
SULLEY - London, Woolwich
SWAN - Lambeth, Westminster
WHITE - Swallowcliffe

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 July 12 19:01 BST (UK) »
Not sure if the poster is going to get this post...Regardless, don't know that any of the family came to Canada as Ancestors on board has no entries... http://www.ancestorsonboard.com/
This is the closest to the name http://www.canada411.ca/search/?stype=si&what=brivio&where=&x=15&y=6
There is one Brivio in Montreal not listed, but she seems to be from Milan originally...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 19:30 BST (UK) »
findmypast shows a Raymond Lampkins dob 1915 travelling from Liverpool to Halifax, Canada, in 1923.

However, he was accompanied by Fred Geo 1877 and Rebecca 1879.

Could these possibly be relations of Ivy who took him in?

They were in fact Frederick George Lampkin and Rebecca Carter who married in 1895 in Milton reg dist.

His birth was registered in 1871 in Milton. (I see Mark you have him in your tree at gr, born in 1870, but no one else has him.)

Their household in 1911 in Folkestone was Frederick Lampkin aged 40, wife Rebecca aged 38, daughter Ivy aged 14. She was Ivy Edith, birth reg 1896 in Rye.

And Ivy E Lampkin married Jean Brivio in early 1915 -- the same quarter as the birth of Raymond B Brivio.

I think we have found her surviving child, who was in fact Raymond, as Mark said. He travelled to Canada as Raymond Lampkin(s) with his grandparents Frederick and Rebecca Lampkin.

I don't subscribe to findmypast to check the accuracy of the transcription and the other details, so maybe someone else can?

Dave's post was a very long time ago; I wonder whether a PM would reach him. (I've sent one.)

edit - I found a very old posting of Dave's at genforum (November 2000) and tried emailing him at the email address given there, but my message has bounced back as recipient address rejected.  :(
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?