Author Topic: Ware Parish Records - 1780's  (Read 5886 times)

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Ware Parish Records - 1780's
« on: Sunday 12 February 06 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can look up the births of the Lambert (Lambeth) for me.

I have Thomas Lambert baptised 12/6/1771 in Ware to Thos Lambert & Mary
I have Jos Lambert baptised 5/2/1786 in Ware to Thos Lambert & Mary
I have Jane Lambeth baptised 1/10/1790 in Ware to  Thos Lambeth & Mary

Is there anyway you can see if these are siblings or whether the Thomas baptised in 1771 is the father of Jane? Perhaps by his occupation.

I also see a submitted record on IGI for a Thomas Lambert b 11/3/1767 in Ware - Mothers name only Mary Lambert- and I wonder if this is a guess or is correct.

Anything else on the Lamberts would be a great help.

Many thanks

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ware Parish Records - 1780's
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 February 06 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kieth,

I searched the Ware PRs and can confirm the baptisms of Thomas 1771 and Joseph 1786, but was unable to find Jane 1790.   No occupations were shewn in the PRs.

I found a further five baptisms for children of Thomas and Mary and also a daughter for Joseph and Ann.
Ann  23 Jan 1784     -    William 22 Aug 1784   -   Henry 12 Jul 1786   -   William 25 Jan 1788   -   Honor 17 Mar 1790  for Thomas and Mary
.Jenny  18 Apr 1788 for Joseph and Ann.

The entry for 11th March 1767 reads  ...
11 March 1767 Thos. a B.Child of Mary Lambert.

Hope this helps.

Regards   ...   Peter
Census information is Crown Copyright http:/www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 February 06 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Many thanks again for that information - will now digest it all and see who is who  ;D

I presume I know what the "B" in  child stands for  :o :o :o

That can't be one of my lot (can it?)  ;)

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 February 06 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Arrr Peter what have you done!!  ;D

I know the old saying about don’t shoot the messenger – but there isn’t anything about asking him questions is there??  ;)

The idea of getting you (or someone) to look up the Ware Parish Records was to disprove my hunch that there were 2 Thomas Lamberts – one married to Mary Cass the other to Mary Waller..
Looking at those records you found I think you have proved there were 2 Thomas Lamberts!!

I realise baptisms differ from birth dates – but even for my lot I think they came to thick and fast!!

Now the question is – in your expert opinion ( should I phrase that differently with the trouble being caused by expert witnesses!) – is there any way I can separate these 2 families??

ANYONE can jump in here to help – please!!

Cheers

Keith

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith,

Don't know if it's much help but I split two of my families using Militia Lists (and Occupations) and was also lucky enough to find a will that listed the children by name.

Prior to that, I "attempted" to trace both families until someone turned on the light!

By the way, I have an Elizabeth Lambert marrying into my lot in 1729 - we may have a connection if/when we both ever reach that date   ;D

Good Luck
Di
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Prior to that, I "attempted" to trace both families until someone turned on the light!

By the way, I have an Elizabeth Lambert marrying into my lot in 1729 - we may have a connection if/when we both ever reach that date   ;D

Good Luck
Di

Hi Di,

That is what I am trying to do at the moment - trace both families - and I THINK they might both be MINE!!  ;D ;D

Your Elizabeth doesn't have a brother David does she?
I have David Lambert b 1705 in Great Amwell - haven't done his siblings!

Cheers

Keith

P.S. So THANKS AGAIN Peter - you've come up trumps AGAIN  ;D

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith,

thought I would just cheer you up there was another Thomas Lambert who married a Mary Hughes in 1770!! so now you have 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Lambert b 1705 didnt have any sisters called Elizabeth he did marry an Elizabeth Selsar and had a daughter Elizabeth but she wasnt born till 1738.

sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandie,

Long time no speak  ;)

Yep I have those details  - forward - it's going back I haven't got!!
Do you know David's father?
I am back on this side of the family - keep going in circles when I hit a brick wall with one of my other lot - David is my 5x great grandfather (so my software tells me!!)
There are no details on IGI - is he off to the side of your lot?

Trust you to compicate matters!!!  ;D ;D - and just when I thought the mist was clearing - with Thomas

Cheers

Keith

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith,

Sorry, can't help with any details on Elizabeth Lambert. All I saw was a marriage for Elizabeth Lambert to Thomas Medcalf 1729 - one day I may find out who she is but I'm stuck (just resting) in c. 1775 with my Medcalf lot.

Looks like Sandie may have your answers.

I did notice that a lot (most) of Thomas and Mary Lambert's children were on IGI as LDS records - have you had a chance to look at the parish record films?

Happy Hunting
Di
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk