Author Topic: Kerrenhappuch (First Name)born Hambleden  (Read 6070 times)

Offline geoff865

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kerrenhappuch (First Name)born Hambleden
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 February 10 19:47 GMT (UK) »
I am also trying to locate this person who is my 2nd Great grandmother. I know that her name was Kerenhappuch Humphries (from birth certificate of my Great grandmother Mary Ann Wheeler).

I can find no trace of her in 1841 census though I did find a Kezia Humphries 10 years old     Address:
Canal, Chipping Wycombe, Wycombe.

1851 Census shows her living in Bix, Oxfordshire with her husband James Wheeler. Her birthplace is given as Hambleden, Bucks. She is shown as being 23.

1861 Census gives her name as Keren H Wheeler living in Nettlebed, Oxon again with husband James. Her birthplace is given as Nettlebed and she is shown as being 43.

1871 Census gives her name as Kerenhappuch Wheeler living in Nettlebed, Oxon again with husband James. Her birthplace is given as Hambledon and she is shown as being 42.

1881 Census gives her name as Kennhappuch Wheeler living in Nettlebed, Oxon again with husband James. Her birthplace is given as Hambledon and she is shown as being 53.

1891 Census gives her name as Keranhapuch Wheeler living in Nettlebed, Oxon. Her birthplace is given as Hambledon and she is shown as being 60.

She died in 1898 in Nettlebed.

Any information will be greatly received.

Thanks

Geoff
Eacups - Gloucestershire  Morrison - Bournemouth/Scotland  Mitchell - Oxfordshire/Berkshire  Bustin - Oxfordshire/Berkshire

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 February 10 10:29 GMT (UK) »
There is a Kerenhappuch King age 15 (indexed on Anc as Kerenhapuch Heay age 25) in Princes Risborough
HO107 42 13
She is with a 55 yr old Ag lab Robert King.

My Buckinghamshire geography knowledge is limited, so I dont know if this is near Nettlebed.
I just wondered about the sort of scenario like KH going to keep house for a widowed rellie or something, and the enumerator putting dittos under surname King instead of entering her as Humphries ....

Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 February 10 20:38 GMT (UK) »

Hi ..

Do you have her marriage to James Wheeler?
 I found this one ..
 HENLEY Reg Dist. covers Bix Oxon/ Hambledon / Nettlebed
 James Wheeler
 CAROLINE HUMPHREY  vol 16 page 127
 jul/aug/sept 1849.

name similar and maybe misheard.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline geoff865

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 February 10 07:31 GMT (UK) »
lizdb and tazzie

Thanks for your replies.

Tazzie I did find the marriage you refer to but also found a James and Caroline Wheeler in 1851 census resident at Little Missenden, Bucks. Caroline was born in Stokenchurch, Oxon which falls in the Henley Reg District. It may be that I have to send for the certificate.

lizdb that is something I never thought of. Having viewed some entries in 1841 census it is certainly a theory I can't discount.

I feel a visit to Hambleden may be on the cards.

Geoff
Eacups - Gloucestershire  Morrison - Bournemouth/Scotland  Mitchell - Oxfordshire/Berkshire  Bustin - Oxfordshire/Berkshire

Offline Bucksgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 03 February 10 18:40 GMT (UK) »
You can rule out Kerrenhappuch RAY, she was born in 1825 in Princes Risborough & married George GREEN.  They had no children.

Her name on various census'

Kerenhapperat HEAY
Herent
Krevenapuch
Keran
Keren
Kerenh Appuck
& Mary!
Dundas, Angus Scotland / Earp, Staffs / Langford, London / Kipling, Hull /  Peel, Cumber / Green & Common, Northumb / Raw, Yorks / Ball, Stevens, Folly, Morrice, Montague, Beeson, Peedle, Peddle & Tucker all Bucks

Offline peterneal

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Kerrenhappuch (First Name) born Hambleden
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 06:50 GMT (UK) »
I believe I have found a correct birth record for Kerenhappuch on 18 Jul 1827 to a William and Hannah Humphry in Hambleden, Buckingham, England which cross-references with both her place of birth in the censuses and her age at the time of her death. Thoughts? See: https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/9V1P-NLC

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Hambleden PRs confirm peterneal's find on Family Search, with the additional information that Karen Happuch (transcribed as two words) was born on 13 July 1827 and christened on 18 July 1827, daughter of William & Hannah Humphrey of Hambleden, labourer.

There are lots of Humphrey baptisms around the same time but I can't see any others to William & Hannah so I assume they must have moved away soon after.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Hambleden PRs also have her parents' marriage (banns):

22 June 1823

William X Humphry, bachelor of this parish
Hannah X Hardy, spinster of Fawley, Bucks

Witnesses: John Hardy, Maria Jacobs.
HELP!!!

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 13:11 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if you've been a bit hasty in dismissing the James Wheeler/Caroline Humphrey marriage in 1849 in the Henley Reg District?

Like Tazzie, I think the first name could easily have been misheard AND FreeBMD also have a SepQ 1846 marriage in the Wycombe Reg District which appears to have been between a James Wheeler and Caroline Dutton (there are a few names on the page but, if you check on the GRO for Wheeler children born after 1846 with a mother's maiden name of Dutton, there is at least one in the Wycombe area - I didn't check for more).

I think the 1849 marriage is the one you want - there are far too many parishes included in the Henley RD to check. I think you should consider getting the certificate to be sure.
HELP!!!