Author Topic: 1900/1910 Street Directory Belfast & Whiteabbey  (Read 26150 times)

Offline FionaLorraine

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Butlers in Whiteabbey 1911 Found
« Reply #18 on: Friday 24 August 07 20:30 BST (UK) »
Just to say that I was looking for family in Whiteabbey when I came across your Butlers in 1911:

Henry head 70 years with John son 32, possibly peter butler 26 [in Irish!] catherine Butler 22 Mary Jane Mulholland widow 37 Some other names in Irish Maggie Mulholland 9 and Arthur Mulholland 6 born Scotland

James Butler 23 with Agnes James and Alice

James 57 and Mary Butler with Annie, Maggie, Eliza Ann, Patrick Joseph, Hugh AND
Alice Kane Annie Sutters Annie Kane and Ketherine Bennett

I have the orginal images if you want them!

Fiona
Palmer Website: www.davyboynorth.f2s.com/SamPalmer/00]SamPalmerStory.asp
Palmers, Barrs and McGarrys from Antrim/Ballyrobin/Muckamore/Crumlin
McAleaveys from Forkhill Co Armagh and then Whitewell/Glengormley
Traynors/Trainor from Larne then Whitewell/Glengormley also Glasgow

Offline Mollyrose

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1900/1910 Street Directory Belfast & Whiteabbey
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 25 August 07 15:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Fiona,
Thank you very much for keeping me in mind I appreciate it. Anything you can send me would be great.
 Jo
 :)
Co Antrim - O'Neill, Butler, Logue, Corrigan,
Co Armagh - Grew. McGarry, McGrane, McGrann

Offline Gabe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 August 07 01:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jo,

Can't make a connection with Catherine Mcgarry yet - but will keep you informed. I do have 2 un-named daughters of Felix Mcgarry and Mary Jane Irwin/Erwin, but the dates don't seem right.

Cheers - Gabe

Offline Butlers in Whiteabbey Ireland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 24 March 11 14:57 GMT (UK) »
In response to Butlers in Whiteabbey found 1911.  I have been searching for desendents of Patrick Joseph Butler and Agnes Butler.  Also, saw someone had film of Patrick Josheph and Agnes Butler.  I would love to see that.  Patrick Joshep is my grandfather and I have never seen him.  Patrick Joseph left my father when he was young, so my dad has never seen him either.  Any help would be appreciated.

Kim Boston, Ma

Offline blackcornish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 27 April 12 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am interested in the Butlers from whiteabbey.  I think there are at least 2 families that lived in concrete street and Main street.  Both appear to have similair names in their families.  One of the families has a John Butler who died in WW1, the other a John Butler married to Jane Butler in the 1901 census living in 19 Concrete street.  I am looking for my Grandfather, Edward Butler.  I have had no luck at all finding him.  Every Edward Butler in the Census (both 1901 and 1911) is not my Edward Butler.  I am now working on the assumption that he was christened with another name, maybe Edward was a second name he later took.  All I know is he had a brother called James and his father was John.  I have been told they were from the Whiteabbey area.  My Grandfather was born circa 1897.  I have a marriage certificate for him (he is called Edward in the certificate) his father John is listed as dead by this time (1922) and a witness at the wedding was James Butler.  Edward was in WW1 and WW2 and lived until 1983.  He married in Lancaster in 1922 and went on to have 3 daughters and 1 son.  He later returned to Ireland were he met and married my Grandmother and had my mother.  He was stationed in Holywood in circa 1940's.  Any help much appreciated.