Author Topic: Achnabreac Cemetery COMPLETED  (Read 4750 times)

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Achnabreac Cemetery COMPLETED
« on: Thursday 16 February 06 11:33 GMT (UK) »
I have just found out where my great grandfather is buried, in Achnabreac cemetery, in the town of Lochgilphead.
The rest of the family are buried in Old Kilpatrick cemetery in Dumbarton.
So he must of remarried as his wife died in 1906,(39 years before him) and he died in 1945 age 85 years.
I have spent ages trying to find him, as we are visiting Glasgow in May, and planning to visit OK cemetery, and Loch Lomond area.

Does anyone live near Achnabreac?
I would love a photo of the lair.
It is in section E, Lair no. 164.
And the name is James Munn.

I am only on Glasgow for 2 days, and it is too far for us to visit and none of us drive   :-\

Thank you.

Pettsy
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Achnabreac Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 May 06 10:30 BST (UK) »
I got to visit Old Kilpatrick cemetery and Kilmaronock church where I found more ancestors buried, but I never to to visit Lochgilphead for Achnabreac cemetery  :'(

Maybe next time.

Does anyone know if the cemetery itself would take a photo  ???
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline chrissy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 May 06 04:26 BST (UK) »
 Morning .....
    I think if you contact the cemetery ,and be very polite and gracious,I think they would probably assist you,if they are able :).
   " Nothing Ventured ,Nothing Gained" ;D
                                good luck from chrissy.
Davidson,Payne/Paine-Dunoon/Glasgow/scotland,Sherlock-cheshire,king -female convict-7 years nsw,french-tasmania,sewell-hubbys side,O brien- Cochrane-guernsey-india .Morehouse-Kirkburton-yorkshire. Gippsland-davidson,flood,baker,rose.Chambers..Bungaree.Chambers ..county clare,Kane county clare.

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 May 06 11:19 BST (UK) »
Yes I think you are right Chrissy.
I will try.
I will let you know the outcome.

Fingers crossed  ;)

If not it 's an excuse to go back to Scotland  :D

Pettsy
Munn New Jersey and Oz

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 September 06 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hi just to five you an update.
My new found rellie in Scotland, who I found thanks to Genes, went to the cemetery for me.
He found the plot, but unfortunately there was no headstone.
But I do have some lovely photos of his plot and the cemetery and surrounding area.
It's so sad he has no headstone   :'( :'(

At least I know he is a well cared for place.

Pettsy
Munn New Jersey and Oz