Author Topic: josiah glue - help please!!!  (Read 18526 times)

Offline juliefran

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: josiah glue - help please!!!
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 July 06 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hi
I too am the Australian connection to the Glue family.
My great grandmother is Rachel Glue, she married Daniel Mumberson.
I have a little information from England.Where abouts do you fit into the line.
Regards,
Julie
Tomkinson, Edwards, Mumberson,Tully,Glue,Lister,Rider

Offline lucretia666

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 19 July 06 10:16 BST (UK) »
hi guys,

i think you both have the info that i have sent to you! the last part of email is virgin.net?!?!?!?! lol

have more info for the both of you!
will email you both soon as i also have been contacted by 2 other ozzie rellies!!!

can also put you both in touch with someone from england who says he has been studying the line for 20 years, together we might all be able to crack this line  lol,

take care both of you, and will be in touch very soon!
luc666
peters, ware, wright, glue, glew, elgie, tippins, phillips, cockram, harding,

Offline juliefran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 July 06 21:47 BST (UK) »
Hi
Yes that is correct and that will be great as well, can't wait to hear from you.

You take care as well,
Julie
Tomkinson, Edwards, Mumberson,Tully,Glue,Lister,Rider

Offline fertee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 19 July 06 22:45 BST (UK) »
I am new to this site, unless we met through Genes Reunited, I have not had the pleasure.

I am from Joseph Glew (Glue) and Harriet Staggs marriage. Joseph was my 4th GGrandfather. Then son Thomas Glew, his daughter Laura Glew, her daughter Ida Glew, her daughter Lillian Skidmore, her daughter Elsie McIntosh to me Kim Townsend.

It is a very large Australian connection as well as the family still in England. My email is * for those interested in direct communication.

;o) Kim

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Townsend, McIntosh, Skidmore, Gillan, Strange, Whitmore, Glew, Glue, Boyle, Hart, McGee, Magee, Macgee, Masters, Dicks, Staggs, Albury, Denniss, Carroll, Gorman, Gillan, Gilling, Moores, Griffin, Loveday, Pinnegar, Hale, Heath & Pullen.

Offline McGregorGirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 August 11 09:51 BST (UK) »
Wow, i'm also related to the Australian Glue's. My 3x great grandmother was Margaret Glue, daughter of Joseph Glue and Harriet Staggs. I've been searching for Joseph's life before he left England as I could only find information on the Australian end. Thanks for the hints and if I can help with anything on this end i'd be happy to!
-Vanessa

P.S. my email is *

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Google has every post on Rootschat indexed in under 3 minutes which is why moderators when they see them remove email addresses
Clan McGregor and Clan Stewart

Offline lucretia666

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 05 September 11 16:13 BST (UK) »
hi ya -

well, i can definatly help you on that one!!  :D
i have army records, his sickness records on the ship (really interesting!!!), cert of freedom etc, and lots of stuff from this side!
if you can PM me your email address i will quite happily let you know what i have and even hook you up with lots of decendants both here and in oz, if interested! but should warn you - there are LOTS!!!!!  ;D

giz a shout
take care
luc666  :-*

Offline heaven

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 16 February 12 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello
My great great grandfather was George Glue, nephew of Joseph, both transported together in 1834 to Australia, if anyone can help me with the trial records for them it would be greatly appreciated

Offline lucretia666

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 16 February 12 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heaven,

have pm'd you

:D

Offline Dglew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 20:09 BST (UK) »
Just look at my family tree on Ancestry, poor Josiah grew up in the workhouse (Easebourne workhouse where so many many of my family started their lives and latter died) and appears to have followed in his father's footsteps as his name appears again and again in the courts, my final record of him was in Dorchester prison, Dorset, where he was held under the assumed name of Joe Brown serving time for quite a serious assault......after that "nothing" he simply disappears but l presume he changed his name more than once and as a consequence he is untraceable, there are references to a Josiah Glew in the north west of England but they are not "our" Josiah, hope this helps.