Author Topic: 1851 Cencus look up Matilda Farbrother COMPLETED  (Read 4472 times)

Offline Sleat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Cencus look up Matilda Farbrother
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 February 06 01:51 GMT (UK) »
I had the 1841 out so I thought I'd give you the detail from the OFHS transcript. They are in Great Rollright

William Fairbrothers 40 Shoemaker Y
Elizabeth Fairbrothers 35 Y
Caroline Fairbrothers 15 Y
Caleb Fairbrothers 15 Y
Timothy Fairbrothers 10 Y
Dorcas Fairbrothers 12 Y
Arabella Fairbrothers 10 Y
Emma Fairbrothers 8 Y   
Matilda Farbrother 6  Y 
Susanna Fairbrothers 4  Y   
John Fairbrothers 2 Y     
Nimrod Fairbrothers 7m Y   

Hope this helps

Offline Dougalmac2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Cencus look up Matilda Farbrother
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 19 February 06 20:17 GMT (UK) »
CaroleW, Pennie, Sleat

How can I thank you guys enough.  The idea that older siblings had flown the nest had crossed my mind but I had no way of proving it.  As I said I shall purchase the OHFS church transcription to take it further.

I think that just about ties up the original request - unless anyone knows different!

Thanks a lot,  Mac
Macdonald/McDonald Kent, Edinburgh
Simpson Lancs
Lomas,Lancs
Fawcett Lancs
Smith Staffs
Freakley Staffs
Gillingham Kent
Varney Oxon
Varney Warwicks,
Humphrey Northants
Mayo Northants

Offline Marcus Holder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Cencus look up Matilda Farbrother COMPLETED
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi, My name is Marcus Holder.  My Gt Gt Grandmother was Matilda,s sister Julia, born in Gt Rollright in  1839, William is buried in St Andrews Churchyard with his wife Elizabeth, in Gt Rollright.  No idea if your are still on here or interested in this, but thought I,d make contact, I know quite a lot about the family.

Kind Regards Marcus

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi, My name is Marcus Holder.  My Gt Gt Grandmother was Matilda,s sister Julia, born in Gt Rollright in  1839, William is buried in St Andrews Churchyard with his wife Elizabeth, in Gt Rollright.  No idea if your are still on here or interested in this, but thought I,d make contact, I know quite a lot about the family.

Kind Regards Marcus

Hello Marcus and welcome to Rootschat.

My G G Grandmother was Leah Farbrother(s) b. 1811 who is likely William's youngest sister and who married Thomas Jennings.  Does that look right to you?

John
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will:

Offline Marcus Holder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 29 November 18 06:20 GMT (UK) »
Looks OK, Williams wife Elizabeth was one of the first teachers in the school in Gt Rollright, their gravestone directly faces it,  there are two other Farbrother gravestones there, one is Williams brother and the other is his Nephew George, who lived next door to My Gt Gt Grandmother Julia (Leah,s Niece)Farbrother(Tompkins) in Rollright village, the two houses are still there, it,s a lovely church and churchyard, my wife and I visit 3 to 4 times a year on our way to Cheltenham, William was heavily involved in the Church, his name appears many times on baptisms, Weddings Etc, I,m guessing he was an educated man.

Offline Marcus Holder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 29 November 18 06:23 GMT (UK) »
Sorry my mistake, Leah was Julia,s aunt.

Offline Dougalmac2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 01 December 18 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marcus and John

Its great to see an old post revived with further interest. I had recently found Williams grave pictured on 'Find a Grave' and this had started me back in this area. To be honest I never did get hold oh the OFHS CD for Great Rollright so this all triggered off a new, or restarted , line.

His grave posting gave his marriage to Margaret French and this I found in the Banbury listings. This gave his status as widower so 'the plot thickens'.

Still here and still very interested.

Mac

Simpson Lancs
Lomas,Lancs
Fawcett Lancs
Smith Staffs
Freakley Staffs
Gillingham Kent
Varney Oxon
Varney Warwicks,
Humphrey Northants
Mayo Northants

Offline Marcus Holder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 06:22 GMT (UK) »
The William Farbrother, whose gravestone is in St Andrews Churchyard in Great Rollright, was married to Elizabeth Davis, who was born in Blockley in Glos, there is also a mistake on the listing of Williams children, at the bottom there is a John aged 2, this is in fact Julia,Ive studied it very closely and with a magnifying glass it becomes more obvious, also the gender is listed as female not male which confirms it. Williams sister Mary had a son George Farbrother who was illegitimate he is also buried in the cemetary. I have transcripts of letters he wrote to his daughter who had immigrated to Canada in the eighteen hundreds and the ones she sent back. Just a piece of maybe interesting info.

Offline Dougalmac2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 06 December 18 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marcus

Thanks for that info.

I've obviously missed something with your mention of a list of Williams children. I think I've found most of them - I have - Caroline 1822, Caleb 1824, Timothy 1825, Dorcus 1828, Arabella 1831, Emma/Elizabeth 1832, Matilda 1834, Susannah 1836, Lavinia 1837, Julia 1839, Nimrod 1840, Jehu ? 1843 and Rhoda 1847. These almost all from census returns.

Apart from William I have found very little of Johns family, but your mention of a Mary going to Canada tied in with the fact that a lot of my early information came from a family history on the 'net from a Marcia Shears published by Western Michigan Geological Society, Michegan bordering  Canada. This had puzzled me and I've lost the link.

Mac
Simpson Lancs
Lomas,Lancs
Fawcett Lancs
Smith Staffs
Freakley Staffs
Gillingham Kent
Varney Oxon
Varney Warwicks,
Humphrey Northants
Mayo Northants