Author Topic: waterloo building help please  (Read 3931 times)

Offline jackie s-o-t

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
waterloo building help please
« on: Monday 27 September 04 21:38 BST (UK) »
hi,

can anybody help please, i am trying to figure out what the waterloo building was in 1880, one of my ancesters who i am very stuck on resided there on his marriage cert, i can find no reference to this building at all, by the name i presumed it was up the road from me in cobridge or burslem s-o-t, i have looked for this man on the 1861 and the 1871 and he is not on any of them, can anyone help solve my puzzle.

thanks

jackie.

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: waterloo building help please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 September 04 22:08 BST (UK) »
There is Waterloo Terrace on the 1871 census, in Longton.

Why don't you post your relly's name and details and see if some one can track him down?
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 September 04 22:55 BST (UK) »
Jackie

Waterloo Buildings exist on the 1881 census in Newcastle under Lyme on the enumerator's walk in the vicinity of Bridge St (still exists) and Dunkirk (also still exists).  There were about 22 households living there, each with their own separate number (i.e. 1 - 22 Waterloo Buildings).  If this is the one where your relative lived, it seems to have been a residential block.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jackie s-o-t

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 September 04 14:21 BST (UK) »
hi,

thankyou so much for that address i have gone through the 1871 so many times you would not believe, i will go through it again to see if it is there on the 1871, so many have tried to find him you cant imagine he is like he is invisible, i have him on 1881 + but not before, i dont think i have asked on this site might try some kind person might find him,

thanks for the info much appreciated,

jackie.

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 September 04 14:42 BST (UK) »
Well I just whisked through the NUL 1871 census and found Bridge St and Dunkirk together at the beginning of  RG10-2834 but I didn't see Waterloo Buidings  >:( You want to post a name for me to look for?
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 September 04 14:48 BST (UK) »
One entry on Dunkirk has Waterloo House written small under Dunkirk for the address. Beasley family living there. Maybe Waterloo Buldings went in as a street address. Do post the name, pretty please?

Offline jackie s-o-t

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 September 04 19:45 BST (UK) »
hi gardner,

do i post a name on the census look-up or just ask for general help,

thanks,

jackie.