Author Topic: Boliver from Selattyn  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Boliver from Selattyn
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 21:21 GMT (UK) »
I hope someone will be able to help you on the Denbighshire board.

Looks like Gadget beat them to it!!!!!!  Well done Gadget ;)

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan
The problem for  we 'cross-border  Marches rebels' is that we seem to spend our time covering at least three counties :(
My Dad's line is Denbighshire/Shropshire/Montgomeryshire and Merionethshire and, even then, they seems to have stuck to the margins of each county, so I've got around ;D
Just thought I'd see if I could help someone with same probs.
Any more out there?
Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline cvbob1947

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 March 06 03:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gadget -- thank you very much for the details. I had found some names in the IGI but you have provided needed confirmation.  I will need to do some work in Shropshire now.

One more favour if I can.  All but one of the 10 grand children of William and Sophia Powell were born Ffrwd Farm, the other was born in Ruabon.  Two of these grand children ( Mary (Powell) Edwards 1930  and Arthur Bouralam Powell 1951 ) are shown as buried "Wrexham Ingham Grave".  One of the granddaughters, Sarah b/1863 married Robert Ingham (b/1862)( Sarah & Robert are my MGP ). Robert died in Wrexham in 1910 but he is not shown as buried "Ingham" grave. 

Did you happen to notice any transcriptions shown an "Ingham" grave ?? Again my thanks. If you need any assistance with family in the Comox Valley  I would be happy to assist.
England: Scales, Ingham, Perkins, Hayward, Calver, Boliver, Shambrook, Poulter, Day,
Wales: Ingham, Powell, Boliver

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 March 06 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bob

I'm afraid I don't have the Wrexham information, sorry. I think this one is definitely a Denbighshire request.

Hope you find them all

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 March 06 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Paul

To help in your search, I looked at the surname finder:

http://www.spatial-literacy.org/UCLnames/Surnames.aspx

It shows that Bollver was most common in Montgomeryshire and Shropshire in 1881

Gadget

Offline linda25g

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 11 October 20 11:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan and thanks for response.  My mother was sent a family tree from a cousin (now demised) which I am trying to verify. It shows a Sophia Bolivar b/1801 d/1879 of Ruabon. She married William Powell b/1801 of Ruabon. This "tree" shows she died June 15, 1879 and buried Ground Cefm Mawr.  As this is a somewhat unusual name I am trying to determine if she is the Daughter of Francis Boliver b/1799 and Eliza/Elizabeth Smith who were married 1799 at Saint Martins. There is a Francis Boliver b/1803 Ruabon and another francis b/1812 Ruabon who appears to have died in 1874.  I note sligher variance in spelling but I am finding a few other variances in this "tree".  My mother is trying to find the mailing tube the paper came in ( she keeps everything ) so I can get an address and hopefully track down other relatives who may have the original material.  Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.  Bob Scales in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island.

Hi Bob
if you are still following this thread then I have the original tree which stretches back to Hugh ap Oliver who died 1671 and was buried in Selattyn
Boliver - Selattyn/St. Martins
Hinton - Whitchurch/Ightfield
Parry - Hanmer/Bronington
Clarke - Barnsley/Lancaster
Clegg - Rochdale/Lancaster
Owens - Llansannan
Lee - Malpas
Chaloner - Holt/Chester
Airey - Westmorland
Sadler - Shropshire
Gee - Holt
Benbow - Shropshire

Offline cvbob1947

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 11 October 20 18:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your message, yes I am still working on this line.  Did find a cousin in Victoria about 3 hours south of me.

Would appreciate any details you can share.  If you cannot attach here my email is comoxvalleybob at gmail.com

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you. Bob
England: Scales, Ingham, Perkins, Hayward, Calver, Boliver, Shambrook, Poulter, Day,

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline cvbob1947

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 00:13 BST (UK) »
Noted, I do show as Elizabeth in my tree.