Author Topic: Rake Lane Cemetery  (Read 22639 times)

Offline Jan Taylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Rake Lane Cemetery
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 24 October 04 22:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia,

Thank you so much for the offer.  They are all buried in the same grave.  John Thomas Lutas, Phoebe Lutas (nee Roberts) who I think died 1947, John Lutas and Doris Anderson (nee Lutas) who died in 1962.  I have found a Phoebe Roberts born in 1864 but from the 1891 census, Phoebe was born in 1870.  So really only trying to find her true date of birth.

Jan

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 24 October 04 23:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan If it's  only Phoebe's correct age you want and the age she died. And she is in the family grave i will only have to look up one burial to find the plot and grave stone Ifit is still standing.Where have you looked for her birth and where was she born ???. I will see what i can find in regard to the Family burial On Wednesday.  Then if you want and i find the stone i could take a photo. Thats if it ever stops raining ;D Meanwhile if anyone sents you info on Phoebe's  true age let me know.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Jan Taylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 26 October 04 06:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia

I found Phoebe and John Thomas on the 1901 census and it said she was 31 so that would make her birth date 1870.  Also found her in the 1891 Census and it said she was 21.  Can't find any record of her birth.  The census said she was born in Liverpool.  But for some reason my Aunt thought she was born in Wrexham.  I do know she had a sister Mary and a sister Pem ... have no idea what Pem was short for.

Thank you so much for checking, it would be a great help!

Jan

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 28 October 04 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan I forgot the Archives are closed on a Wednesday they are only open Thursday  Friday & Saturday Morning.
So I went this morning. There was no point in looking for For the burial of Phoebe.The year Margine is to wide, As you gave a date of 1962 for John Lutas and Doris Anderson. I started in 1961 and went through to 1963. Not one Lutas did i find. The problem seems to be that as i have said different religions. Catholic, C.O.E, Jewish and so on all have thier own burial registers. They also have thier own Burial plots. so if your family was other than C.O.E. (Church Of England) say Catholic i would not find your family on the C.O.E film. The one i use. The other thing is that different branches of the same surname Say two brother families have thier own family grave. I have expained this for others who might not know of this. Religion is an important factor in finding a grave.
Now having said that ;D I did find 1 Anderson she was
Ada Fanny Anderson Buried on 7th May 1963 age 78
Abode. 9 Ellesmere Grove, New Brighton. She is buried in plot 22c. I know that plot so if this is yours let me know.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 28 October 04 15:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrea How strange i only found one of your Mc Nabs in Three years. Then this mornng while looking for Jan's Family Surename. I came across two Mc Nabs, dont know if they are yours but!

Maurice Roland Mc Nab buried (cremated remains)
17th April 1962 age 60
Abode Panciaw Manian
Parish-District Anglesey
Mode of Burial first sub
Plot number 9c
                                        And
Susan Mc Nab Buried 23rd October 1963, age 9 Hours
Does not give paents Name.
Abode. 48 Egerton St, New Brighton
Plot 23c
Mode of Burial D (sub) These 2 are in seperate graves and plots.  I have marked these plots on the map as i am up round that end collecting my Merchant seamen Head Stones. Regards Celia

Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline Jan Taylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 29 October 04 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia,

Thank you ever so much for looking for me.  Your time is precious I know and it is so kind of you to take time for strangers.

Thank you again.

Jan

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 29 October 04 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan my time is my own and love looking up burials as long as i am given enough info. It 's somthing to do during our long dreary winters. The Archives i visit is also easy for me  to get to. As this is Andrea's Topic i might start my own, in case anyone else ask's  me to  do a look up. I cant offer because i am a learner ;D Dont fret to much about not finding your birth date. It's only a month ago  That i was sent some info giving me the age of my G.G.Grandparents. I waited four years for that. :)

Good luck in the future with you tree.
Regards Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline Jan Taylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 02 November 04 03:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia,

Got Phoebe's marriage certificate.  She was born in 1870, father was William Edward Roberts.  She lived on Wilson street.  My Aunt still claims she is buried in Rake Lane Cemetary.  She thinks she died in the 1940s. Slowly I'm getting a little more information ... but at least I'm getting some!  Thanks for anything you can help me with.

Jan

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 02 November 04 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan I am so pleased for you, now you can get moving ;D
I hope you dont think i was disputing the fact your family are in Rake dear. Your Aunt knows best, as you only wanted Pheobe's birth date would i be right in saying you dont want to know her Death date?.  Did The Ada Fanny ring any bells with you ???

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials