Author Topic: LAVER in Queensland records  (Read 7057 times)

Offline Leanne68

• RootsChat Member
  • The next generation!
    • View Profile
Re: LAVER in Queensland records
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 February 06 09:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish,

Thanks for that.  The names I have for the children of Frederick and Martha do match.
The names for Frederick and Mabel are a great help .. .thanks!
John Norman STARKEY and Edith Isabella STARKEY (not on your list) were probably born after 1914.  I didn't have either James or Jack on my list, so thanks for those!

cheers
Leanne
ENG - Bath, Blacker, Brockman, Brook, Bundock, Cains, Davenport+, Earle, Edmonds^,Fletcher, Hinds, Holehouse, Holliday+, Jackson*, Laver+, Leach*,Litt^, Oxenham, Pirie*, Radford, Robinson, Staples*, Starkey+, Tarr*, Toye, Warner*, Whiffen, White, Wooley, Wright
IRE - Barnes, Caples, Hurst, McNamara, Quirk, Ryan, Towell, Wilson
SCOT - Craig, Davidson, Hervie, Kerr, McCallum, McFarlane, Reid, Robinson, Thorburn, Wright

* 1820 to Cape of Good Hope
^ 1841-1853 to Vict, Aus
+ 1860's to QLD, Aus

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 February 06 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Ah - probably correct - I only looked at the CDs - good luck with it all

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gillian R

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 October 06 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Was just browsing the Laver section and saw your message about William Laver and Annie Robb.  I have some information about them which I received via Bill Laver from Queensland  -  he has done some fairly extensive research into the Laver family and descends from this particular couple.  I also have Laver ancestors, it being my mother's maiden name, and originally descending from the same Laver family.
William Laver was born in 1835 in Ridgewell, Essex and died 29th Dec 1892, Mudgeeraba, buried Nerang cemetry.  His wife Annie Elizabeth Robb was born 1835 in Aberdeen, Scotland and died 12 June 1913 Gympie deep creek, buried Gympie cemetry.   They were married 13 Nov 1854 at Establish Church, St Marylebone, Middlesex UK.  (She was the daughter of William Robb and Mary)

William and Annie's eldest son William Henry was born 2nd Sept 1855 in London, UK but their next child Thomas (born 15th Oct 1858) was born in Australia so they obviously emigrated sometime between those two dates.

William Laver's parents were Thomas Laver born 1811 Ridgewell, Essex and Mary Rawlingson born 1812 Finchingfield, Essex.

Thomas' parents were Joseph Laver born 1761 Ridgewell, Essex and Elizabeth Meyes born 1763.

Hope this is of some use to you.  I descend from William's elder brother George born 1833.

Gillian

Offline Leanne68

• RootsChat Member
  • The next generation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 October 06 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gillian,

What a treat to receive your message in reply to my old posting - and sharing so much info too!  Thank you!

I guess you being descended from Thomas and Mary would mean we're distant cousins then ... the second i've *met* on rootschat.   :)  Did your ancestor, George, remain in England then?

cheers
Leanne
ENG - Bath, Blacker, Brockman, Brook, Bundock, Cains, Davenport+, Earle, Edmonds^,Fletcher, Hinds, Holehouse, Holliday+, Jackson*, Laver+, Leach*,Litt^, Oxenham, Pirie*, Radford, Robinson, Staples*, Starkey+, Tarr*, Toye, Warner*, Whiffen, White, Wooley, Wright
SCOT - Craig, Davidson, Hervie, Kerr, McCallum, McFarlane, Reid, Robinson, Thorburn, Wright

^ 1841-1853 to Vict, Aus
+ 1860's to QLD, Aus

Offline Gillian R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 November 06 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Leanne
Glad my information was of some help.  I have to admit I haven't done most of the research myself but looking at the document I received from my Laver contact in Australia there were only a few very minor errors in the bits that I knew well, so I'm inclined to think it is all pretty accurate.  (I think he employed a professional genealogist for a lot of it.)
I guess we are "cousins" of some sort if we both descend from Thomas and Mary.  George did stay in England, as have most of his descendants as far as I know. My grandfather  Joseph George Laver (always known as George) was the great grandson of Thomas and Mary and spent most of his life in Essex. 
Which Laver do you descend from?
I have quite a bit more information about the family. If you have any specific questions I would be glad to help if I can.

Gillian

Offline Leanne68

• RootsChat Member
  • The next generation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 November 06 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Gillian,

My LAVER line was alot shorter than yours :-)
Martha LAVER, b 1860, and the niece of your George, married my gg-grandfather, Frederick William STARKEY in 1883.

I'd very much like to make contact with Bill Laver.  Would you be able to email or pm me his address if you still have it on hand?
my web email address is

MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You

cheers
Leanne

^ 1841-1853 to Vict, Aus
+ 1860's to QLD, Aus

Offline Gillian R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 November 06 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi again

Would be glad to forward the email address but not sure how to do it -  yours has been removed from the message.  Do you know how to send a personal message via this site?

Gillian

Offline Gillian R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 03 November 06 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi yet again
Have noticed you also have the name Radford amongst your list  -  that's really strange, it's my married name.  My husband's family originated from the Devon/Somerset area.

Gillian

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 03 November 06 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gillian
Click the little green curling scroll thing next to the little face on left of Leanne's messages on the board.  It will take you to Personal Message.
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk