Author Topic: WHO LIVED WHERE /WHEN?  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Alva

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WHO LIVED WHERE /WHEN?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 29 September 04 23:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks Julie:  I just got online with the local library and they do not carry the book but have put in a request.  Also got online with Amazon.ca and Chapters.ca and they don't have a listing either.  Guess I'll have to go out to some of the smaller book stores and hope that they are carryingt it.  Sounds like a great read, thanks again.
Have tried to google and yahoo my addresses but no luck.  Are we allowed to just post the street names and areas ?  Thanks , Alva
Hart, Mallett( Ilford,Essex) Walmsley, Whalley, Royston(Blackburn) Butterfield, Watson, Naphtali(Manchester) Spratling (Somerset & Middlesex) Rowe (Middlesex) Crudgington (London/Middlesex)Welsh(Walsh, Walch), Rammage, Wilkinson( Liverpool)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Carmela

• RootsChat Senior
  • Trixie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 September 04 00:50 BST (UK) »
Alva,
The book, Home by Julie Myerson is available from ABE
                     http://abebooks.com/
They have 11 copies listed. You can buy online, but they are all offered by UK dealers. Since you live in B.C.
I looked for a closer source and found that Powell's in Seattle have it.  http://powells.com/
Could not find any in B.C.

HTH,
Carmela
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationararchives.gov.uk

Current obsessions:
OXF: Rose of Wheatley and Holton 1700s
BRK: Stevenson of East Hanney 1600-1880s
BKM: Woodman of Wing
DEV: Youlden of Whimple
SOM: Smith, Gudge, Joy and Tett of Crewkerne

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline JDG

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Member
  • Butcher & Orlando One Name Studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 September 04 11:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Julie:  I just got online with the local library and they do not carry the book but have put in a request.  Also got online with Amazon.ca and Chapters.ca and they don't have a listing either.  Guess I'll have to go out to some of the smaller book stores and hope that they are carryingt it.  Sounds like a great read, thanks again.
Have tried to google and yahoo my addresses but no luck.  Are we allowed to just post the street names and areas ?  Thanks , Alva

Morning Alva,

Yes, put the street names and area - something like this....(these examples are genuine!)

Manor Farm Wanborough Surrey upto 1930
Walnut Tree Close Guildford Surrey 1900+

You never know, it maybe the breakthrough that you need!
Regards,
Julie

Researching:
ORLANDO - One Name Study (everywhere & especially Sutera Sicily) - (GOONS 3925)
BUDD (Puttenham Surrey)
ELSTONE (Bramshott Hampshire)
GOUCHER (Scarcliffe Derbyshire)
MATTHEWS, Edith married Charles JELLEY 1902 Guildford. Descendants sought!
WORSHIP - One Name Study (especially Huntingdonshire)- (GOONS 3925)
BUTCHER - One Name Study (especially Wonersh Surrey) - (GOONS 3925)
Puttenham Surrey - One Place Study
Sutera Sicily - One Place Study