Author Topic: 3rd and 5th alBattlion Coldstream Guards 1914-18  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Auntie San

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
3rd and 5th alBattlion Coldstream Guards 1914-18
« on: Wednesday 22 February 06 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Roots Chatters,

Hoping you can help me out here, trying to find a photo of my mother-in-laws father, having been around the family and turning up nothing, it has been said that there was a regimental photo (the whereabouts now unknown)  I have been on to the Coldstream Guards museum, with no success, So I just wondered if I might be lucky with you guys.

My guardsmans name is James Goodwin No 20524 he was with the 5th Batt. and spent a very short time in the 3rd batt. in 1917.He was posted with the 5th again until his discharge in 1918

I have the service records but if anyone out there has a photo that I can show my mother-in-law so she can identify him, I would be really grateful.

best wishes

Auntie San
Liverpool Moore ,Johnston, Murray Goodwin ,Cain , Gearing, Murphy
Cheshire Broster
London/Kent Tynan, Duggan Moore, Kennet, Mumford

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd and 5th alBattlion Coldstream Guards 1914-18
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 20:39 GMT (UK) »
aunty san,the best i can do is tell you to go on the great war forum and give coldstreamer a shout/PM,he has a massive data base on the coldstream guards,you might be lucky,best of luck
mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline Auntie San

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Manmack,

Thanks very much, I will give it a try. I'll let you know how I get on

bye for now

San
Cheshire Broster

Offline Auntie San

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd and 5th Battlion Coldstream Guards 1914-18
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 March 06 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Manmack,

Thanks for the tip, I logged on to the Great War Forum, Coldstreamer picked up my post. He was a great help, lots of info but no picture, never mind the info he gave me was of more valuable than a picture.
Thanks for pointing in that direction.

I see that you do the Pals, my grandfather Micheal Moore was in the Liverpool Pals, in fact we think he is on one of the photos in Graham Maddocks book, can't be certain but it does look like him to us, any idea's how we would get a copy of the photo.

Thanks

San
Cheshire Broster

Offline harribobs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 March 06 14:40 GMT (UK) »
I see that you do the Pals, my grandfather Micheal Moore was in the Liverpool Pals, in fact we think he is on one of the photos in Graham Maddocks book, can't be certain but it does look like him to us, any idea's how we would get a copy of the photo.

Thanks

San

San

I would write to Graham care of pen and sword books and they will forward it to him

Postal Address
47 Church Street
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
S702AS

General Enquiries
Tel: 01226 734555
Fax: 01226 734438

E-mail Addresses
General Enquries - enquiries@pen-and-sword.co.uk

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 04 March 06 03:22 GMT (UK) »
corporal michael moore
19th battalion
liverpool regt[pals]
later transferred to the labour corps as corporal 374648
he was either wounded or no longer fit for front line duty,the transfer probably saved his life,because most of his mates were killed or died of wounds
mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.