Author Topic: hercules surname liverpool  (Read 1831 times)

Offline ekell3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
hercules surname liverpool
« on: Thursday 30 September 04 09:53 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any info on my mother's family called Hercules who were living in the Liverpool area. I have been able to trace her father Joseph Alexander Hercules and some of his family she never knew about.

I have also traced her grandfather also called Joseph Alexander and his marriage to Elizabeth Cain originally from the Isle of Man in 1873 when Joseph was 26. On the marriage certificate Joseph's father is recorded as Charles. I cannot find any trace of a birth certificate for Joseph or any records on Charles.

My mum's family know that one of the grandfathers came from Greece originally, this might be Charles and also his son. From info on the marriage certificate Charles is a grocer and Joseph a seafarer and their address was Collingwood Street Liverpool.

Any info, advice etc from anyone would be greatly appreciated. regards ekell3  :-*

hercules, fitzsimmons, cain, isle of man, liverpool

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re: hercules surname liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 October 04 14:17 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Have you traced them on all the census data you can?  It may give you an idea when they came to Britain.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline ekell3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 October 04 22:10 BST (UK) »
thanks kazza, I think I have, I'm new to this so have gone as far back as about 1860s I think, I tried 1837com site. Most of my info has come from census forms and an assortment of things traced on the web.

There is a large FHS centre in Liverpool which I intend to visit asap.

Can you think of any other search/sites/links..I'd be really grateful.....regards ekell3

Offline Kazza

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 October 04 01:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Again,

Unfortunately I know nothing about the Liverpool area.  This is where we put all our useful links:

http://www.rootschat.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=14091.0

Also have a look in the Lancs. Board where you will find links specific to the area you are interested in:

http://www.rootschat.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=21.0

And check out the offers of resource lookups there,  there may be soometing that will help.

Good Luck,

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Kazza

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 October 04 01:55 BST (UK) »
Me again,

On second thoughts I am going to move this message into the Lancs. board where it will be seen by researchers with expertise in the area.  They are better placed to be able to advise you.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:

Area Interests:

Offline ekell3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 October 04 22:11 BST (UK) »
thanks kazza for your help, Ive posted some more info,so hopefully that might be some help to the experts. I'll let you know of any luck I have your help is much appreciated ekell3