Author Topic: 1841 or1851 lookup please for a George Langridge  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Branching out

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 or1851 lookup please for a George Langridge
« on: Wednesday 01 March 06 03:08 GMT (UK) »
Looking for help to locate info on a George Langridge.
His daughter was a Mary Ann Langridge. She married a George Dawson-(b-abt.1821).
The only place I have is Melbourne, Derby to go on.

Any help will help
Thanks
Branching Out!

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 or1851 lookup please for a George Langridge
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I think you may have to swap boards for this one and go and talk to the people on the Kent board - as I found the following

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

In 1841 George Dawson is single and working at Calke Mill House Melbourne

I had a look at the census indexes from 1851 and I could not see any likly candidate for George Langridge father of Mary Ann - it is possible that he was dead before 1851 - there was a George Langridge born around 1829 in Lenham - who could possibly be her brother - he was a servant in 1851 - but this is just a guess

Hope it helps

Debbie
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline adawson2677

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 or1851 lookup please for a George Langridge
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 May 19 11:59 BST (UK) »
hi there

I am George Dawsons great great grandson. so have a host of information that might help you. what I am interested in is why she moved from kent to derby. Marys father George was a coachman his wife was also Mary they were married