Author Topic: Tearle Family  (Read 5589 times)

Offline Good Doctor

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Tearle Family
« on: Saturday 24 January 04 20:55 GMT (UK) »
 :)  I'm researching the Tearle Family from Sutton , Surrey.  I have just started the research and would be  greatly appreciative of any and all info anyone would like to share on this family.  You can email me at Moderator comment - email address removed to avoid spamming - please contact using a personal message or just put the info here on Rootschat.  I'll accept it anywhere I can get.  Keep the Faith!!!Doc :)

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re:Tearle Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 January 04 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Tearle is a name that most likely originates in Bedfordshire.

In 1881 there were 27 people called Tearle living in Surrey, 36 in Buckinghamshire and 187 living in Bedfordshire.

What years are you researching? :)

Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline Good Doctor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 January 04 15:59 GMT (UK) »
 :) Thank you for the info.  I'm starting with Percy Charles Terale, born 5 March 1893 at #2 Westfield Road, Croydon, Surrey, England.  However, I'm interested in all Tearle family members at the present time.  Percy's father was Frederick George Tearle and his mother was Mary Susanna (Longhurst) Tearle.  They lived and died in Sutton, Surrey.  Where, when and how is the challenge we face.  So, if you should have any data on ancestors or descendants and you are willing to share I'd be most appreciative.  Keep the Faith. Doc Holliday in windy,cold and ready to snow Chesapeake, VA. :)

Offline lordfaringdon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 February 04 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I have e-mailed you separately as I wasn't registered here then, but I am now! I think I may know someone who can help as they are a member of my Yahoo group for people with the name Tearle in their tree.
For miore info, please visit
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tearle
Cheers
Richard Tearle
Lichfield UK
Tearle surname

Offline Good Doctor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 February 04 17:20 GMT (UK) »
  ;)  Hello Richard,
     Thanks for the info.  My connections with the Tearle Family is on my wifes side.  I'm just beginning to research the family.  She still has family in England.  Most are in Surrey and Kent.  I shall be posting what I have on the family within the next several weeks.  I normally keep my data offline but since I've spoken with most of the family currently still alive in England and they have given me permission to use their names, I shall do so shortly.  Any additional information you may like to share will be greatly appreciated.  Keep the Faith.

Best Regards,
     Doc

Offline lordfaringdon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 February 04 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Doc - Michael and Rosemary Tearle in New Zealamd have an ancestor named Frederick  George b 1868, although his father was James who was born in Dunstable, married in Islington and died in Surrey. Even if that is not your wife's line, they still may be connected. Michael and Rosemary have posted the full line in the group (in the Files section under 'Surrey Tearles) so if you'd like to come along its available to you. We have a lot of interesting files, maps etc etc which may add to your resarches!
What is your wife's name, by the way? Yours too as I am trying to trace how and where we Tearles ended up in the USA!!
Hope to see you at the group - do mail me if you have any more queries!
Cheers
Richard
Tearle surname

Offline Good Doctor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 15 February 04 16:41 GMT (UK) »
 :)Good Morning Richard,
It's Sunday morning here in the good old USA.  My wife's maiden name was Brain.  However, her mother's maiden was Tearle.  Now here's a kicker for you, her mothers grandfather was Frederick George Tearle and her grandmother was Mary Susanna (Longhurst) Tearle.  They were living in Croydon, Surrey at the time.  This data was taken from a bith certificate registered at Somerset House, London in 1893 for their son Percy Charles Tearle (dob 3-5-1893). I've not done any research on the Tearles in the USA todate but I shall have a look about and see what I can fine. My name is Holliday.  Most people call me Doc.  I have 14 generations Hollidays and 14 generations of McClintocks, 10 generations of Gowers and 5 generations of Kneebones.  The way the Hollidays and the McClintocks intermarried, it's a wonder any of us can read or write. I have approx 5 generations of Tearles at the moment.  I'm expecting some additional data from England within the next few week and I shall keep you posted on my research.  Keep the Faith.

Best Regards.
     Doc Holliday

PS:  Todate I have not found any connection between the infamous Doc Holliday (of the old West) and myself.  However,  I do continue to do a bit of looking from time to time.  

Offline lordfaringdon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 15 February 04 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Doc - early evening here! I'll post your details in the group and see if anyone can add anything to them....
I'll get back to you if I hear anything
Good Luck!
Ricchard
Tearle surname

Offline lordfaringdon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 15 February 04 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Doc = me again! I have a synopsis of the 1901 census in my group and dug this out for you. The first place mentioned is their birthplace and the other two place names are where they were living in 1901. The age of Percy seems to tie in with your Percy. As yet I don't have any further informtion, but if I get any I'll let you know...

11169708     Fredk    33   London Holloway    Surrey    Sutton
11169709    Mary    33   Surrey Sutton    Surrey    Sutton
11169710    Lillian     9   Surrey Croydon    Surrey    Sutton  
11169711     Percy     8   Surrey Croydon    Surrey    
11169712     Fredk    6   Surrey Sutton    Surrey   Sutton
11169713    Dorothy    5   Surrey Sutton    Surrey   Sutton
11169714     Gladys    3   Surrey Sutton    Surrey    Sutton  
11169715    Daisy    1   Surrey Sutton    Surrey    Sutton
There were two other families in Sutton at the time:
1)
26155041    John     29   Surrey Sutton       Surrey
26155042    Sarah    32   Glouc Bourton O Water      Surrey   Sutton
26155043    Annie    4   Surrey Sutton    Surrey    Sutton
26155044    Evelyn     2   Surrey Sutton    Surrey    Sutton  

2)
26159122    Lucy      15   Surrey Sutton    Surrey    Sutton
26159123    Benjamin     13   Surrey Sutton      Surrey           Sutton                

(why these two were on their own I have no idea! You couldn't do that today!)
Cheers
Richard
Tearle surname