Author Topic: Norfolk Wills - COMPLETED  (Read 1842 times)

Offline tyr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Ted
    • View Profile
Norfolk Wills - COMPLETED
« on: Thursday 02 March 06 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Good evening
I am looking for the will of  Edward Robert Copeman, a solicitor from New Buckenham or his wife Abigail.  They are not on the archives site.  Where would I look for Norfolk wills?
Thank you
Kind regards
Jill
Strathalbyn
South Australia
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk uk

1700 - 1850 (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire): RICHES, BOND, MONEY, FOSTER, POTTER, MOBS. COPELAND
1750 - > (Devon, Hampshire) HUTTON, LONGMAN
STEED from Kent
PERRETT from Wiltshire

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Norfolk Wills
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 March 06 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There are several courts in Norfolk where wills were proved up to 1858.

You have not put the date?

Indexes are held in the Record Office and can be consulted quite easily.

If you need further help please feel free to contact me.

Teddy
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline tyr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Ted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 March 06 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Teddy
Thank you for the reply.  I don't  know the date although I think it would be after the birth of his last child in c1825 and before 1841 because he does not appear on the census (that anyonce can find).
I will email Norfolk Record Office and see what happens or will they want an exact date?
Kind regards
Jill

1700 - 1850 (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire): RICHES, BOND, MONEY, FOSTER, POTTER, MOBS. COPELAND
STEED from Kent
PERRETT from Wiltshire

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 March 06 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi

That should be close enough but it does depend on if he had lots of property in other places.  It gets complicated.  I would drop the NRO a note to see if he or his wife appears in any of the indexes pre 1858.

Best wishes

Teddy
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline tyr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Ted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 March 06 23:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Teddy
I will do that
Kind regards
Jill

STEED from Kent
PERRETT from Wiltshire