Author Topic: Does anyone know?  (Read 8248 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone know?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 September 05 19:26 BST (UK) »
this might help

Thomas Darrie chris.Coldingham Berwick 19/2/1788
father George Darrie
mother Jean Martin

audrey

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 September 05 19:33 BST (UK) »
this is the onlyJanet a lot later but same area

Janet Kirkcaldy b 25/3/1838 at North Brewick Scotland

father James Kirkcaldy

mother Catherine White

audrey

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 September 05 19:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Audrey,thankyou for your reply.I did have this Thomas Darrie but not the date so thankyou for that.This could be my Thomas as he named his first son George and first daughter Jean.I wish i could find his burial place,my last hope is this kind man who has offerd to look in the local cemetary records for them,fingers crossed.The Janet you have cant be mine as their son George was born before her birth so that puts paid to that.I dont know where Janet came from but all their children were born in the borders region so i am presuming they married there,if they were married at all.Thankyou Audrey for your help.Anne.
Ayrshire,Kennedy,Faulds,Cuthbert,Crawford,Young,Edgar,Bell
Dundee,Nicol,Cant,Kennedy,Jamison,
Dumfrieshire,Wilson,Maxwell,Lammie,Cowan,Young,

Offline ahouliston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 03 September 05 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne

Not tried RootsChat before so hope this works!

I am researching the Houliston family worldwide and would be interested in coorperating on your Houlistone link.

Look forward to hearing from you

Andrew Houliston

Hi i am not doing the Cockburn line.The names related to my Darries
Bain
Fortune
Cowe
Houlistone
Turnbull
Dodds
Morrison
Fiddes
Kirkcaldy
If you can help in any way with these names i would be very gratefull,i know they all came from the borders regions.I am stuck with Thomas Darrie and his wife Janet Kirkcaldy,they would have been married early 1800s as their son George was born in 1816.It would be nice if i could find their gravestone inscription,i might get some info from that.Anyway thankyou for your offer of help.Anne.

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 04 September 05 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrew,i havent forgotton you,just give me a couple of days to put my hands on the paperwork,you wouldnt believe how disorganised i am,i have papers everywhere.I am going to the genealogy fair at Gateshead and i am hopeing they have some charts i can buy so i can have all the details in one place,i have tried doing a chart myself but end up with everything bunched up in the middle of the page so roll on Saturday.I will have a look tomorrow night and get back to you.Anne.

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 11 September 05 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrew,i have very little on the Houlison line but what i have you are welcome to.
My Houliston is Kathrine she married William Turnbull about 1768 Greenlaw Berwick,their daughter Janet baptised 29th April 1771 went on to marry William Bone/Bain in 1791 Greenlaw Berwick.I have no idea who Kathrines parents were.Sorry but thats all i have on the Houlistones,i wish i could give you more but the further back you go the harder it is to get any info.If i find her parents i will let you know.Anne.