Author Topic: 1851 Census Norwich  (Read 29903 times)

Offline JerryWymer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Census Norwich
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 27 April 11 13:59 BST (UK) »
Think we need to establish Samuel Knights / Bloom's birth date and parents to start with.

Offline Heatherz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 29 April 11 15:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you for free Free BDM reference, I shall check it out.  I shall get back later when I have more info. Thanx for your help  :) :)

Offline Heatherz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 26 May 11 07:51 BST (UK) »
The latest from me.
I acquired the marriage cert of Samuel Cooper Knights to Charlotte Winter in June 1851 in Norwich...definitely not my Samuel Knights as occupation is Book canvasser...father is martin Knigyts a baker by trade.

better yet....
I got the marriage certificate of Samuel Knights to Mary Ann Parsey in 1862. This is definitely my  Samuel . He is a horse hair weaver and guess who his father is... Stephen Francis BLOOM (Deceased) also a horse hair weaver!

Offline aelf

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 26 May 11 16:39 BST (UK) »
That's one small step towards clarification, two distinct pairs of Samuel and Charlotte Knights.  No obvious sign of a marriage for "our" Samuel and Charlotte.
On the other hand it increases the likelihood that Samuel and Emily are siblings with Lydia Knights, nee Palmer as the mother.  The biological father is another matter: if Stephen Francis Bloom was Samuel's real father it begs the question of the Stephen Knights who is named as the father of Emily Knight's daughter Emily, baptised 1848.
If we are to believe the records Emily Knights of Hoxne was a spinster when her daughter Martha was born on 2 Jan 1837 (St Martin at Palace, bap 27 Feb 1837); her son Charles was the son of William Knights (at his first marriage) and had no father (second marriage); her daughter Emily had Stephen Knights for a father (bap 6 June 1847, St George Colegate); she died as the widow of John Knights (death cert) and was buried as an unmarried woman (cemetery register).  Either there were 5 different Emilys, with only one visible in any census year, or the records are less than accurate.
To add another worm to the can - when Francis Stephen Bloom was baptised on 27 Apr 1828 his parents were named as Stephen and Lydia, late Francis, spinster.  Her father was Francis Palmer, so presumably there was some confusion when someone asked her for his name.
The possible permutations are numerous - can only keep an open mind and carry on looking for more data.
Cannell, Cutting, Lawrence in Norfolk
Gatford anywhere
French in Devon
Kirton in Durham
Donaldson, Hunter, Mckenzie in Clackmannanshire/Stirling
Watson in Renfrewshire

Offline Heatherz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 29 May 11 02:11 BST (UK) »
Have been trying to get my head around all the previous posts.  Samuel Bloom aged 20 in 1841 census is my G G grandfather. He was always a horse hair weaver until 1881 when he gave his occupation as a stationary engine driver at the works (what ever the works were!).
From the previous posts I have come to understand that his (?)father Stepen Francis Bloom was married to a Lydia Knights (Nee Palmer). I presume therefore that Samuel is the son of this Lydia Knights andstep son of Samuel Bloom.

This would make sense to me and Samuel Bloom also names one of his daughters Lydia.
What a tangled web. But I think some great research has been done by you all.

Offline gabloom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 29 May 11 11:34 BST (UK) »
What a strange coincidence! My mother - Marlene Bloom nee Welsh arrives in Aberdeen from Australia carrying the WELSH Family Tree in her hand last Wednesday.

She also has with her my father's details as set out below - according to our families ORAL history!

I being Gary Andrew Bloom, son Graham John Bloom and Marlene Welsh.

Graham John Bloom, being the son of John (Jack) Arthur Bloom and Elsie May Clarke.

John (Jack) Arthur Bloom, being the son of Francis Bloom and Margaret Tarrant.

Francis Bloom, being the son of Samuel Bloom and Mary Ann Pawsey.

Samuel Bloom, being the son of Stephen Bloom and Lydia Elizabeth Knight.

This morning I did a little google play and came across this thread - first time ever on here!

What does it all mean - All I want to know is who holds details on Pawsey and or Knight families and how are Stephen Bloom's parents!

Cheers

Gary Bloom - Melbourne Australia - now living in Aberdeen Scotland

Offline gabloom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 29 May 11 14:42 BST (UK) »
Francis John Bloom - Born 1869

Offline Heatherz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 30 May 11 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Gary
Frances here in New Zealand. I have been researching our line (descendants of samuel Bloom and Mary Anne Pawsey for many years. My older sister  made the Bloom/knights connection many years ago but did not further the research.
The other participants in this thread have certainly done some great research on that cunundrum.

I have plenty on the descendants of mary Anne and Sam Bloom if you would like me to send it.

Regards
Frances.

Offline gabloom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 30 May 11 09:47 BST (UK) »
Yes - that would be fantastic - I'll send you as much as I have gathered though it is all oral history - my father's cousins and uncles etc - all from Francis John Bloom 1869 -

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php