Author Topic: FARRELLY/BRADY  (Read 23489 times)

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FARRELLY/BRADY
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 18:11 BST (UK) »
the name is so unusual, originally I though it sounded Italian,

It won't help you with your research I am afraid, but you might be interested to know that the Irish poet and general entertainer Wm Percy French (who lived in Cavan for some years) wrote a reasonably well known poem called "the Four Farrellys". You can read it on the attached link.

www.martindardis.com/percy_french_song_lyrics.html

Elwyn
Elwyn

Offline MEW53

• RootsChat Member
  • My Mum & Dad - George & May Veighey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 September 10 20:13 BST (UK) »
I just noticed this posting and although I am not able to provide any information - my mother gave me some photos this week which she has just received from Ireland. The people in the photos are John Sweeney on an ass and cart and a Bill Farrelly on a tractor.
I do not know when they were taken but my father said he knew John Sweeney in the photo.
I am unsure when the photo was taken but thought it was worth mentioning in case it is useful.
My parents told me the photo was taken outside Bradys in Killeshandra.

Margaret
Veighey, Isabella Montgomery, Wilson,  Haughtons ,  Arnolds, Morrisons & Kellets -Killeshandra, Co Cavan, Ireland, Whittaker- Conisbrough

Offline shascr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 August 11 09:14 BST (UK) »
My first time on chat so here goes.
I have been researching my Brady line for some time but always seem to come to a dead end.
I came across the Farrelly /Brady line. Bundaberg. Similar details to the Brady I am looking for:
My Bradys:
John Patrick Brady.  b1831-32  (said to be born Campbelltown, Sydney)
married:  Mary Willavoys (Willawoys,  Willavoyce)   11/4/1860  Eskdale,  Queensland
John Patrick Brady died: 25/2/1872 in Ipswich (at the age of 40) after a tragic accident while droving stock on Cressbrook station in Queensland.   
After  John  Patrick Brady died his widow   &    their 3 children      (Edward 11, Annie 10, Frederick 8) ,  moved to Bundaberg.
I have very little, if none any , information prior to 1860 on this family.
While reading Farrelly/Brady line I noted names of relatives that my Bradys have , eg: Ann, Annie, Patrick,Peter & Edward could I be on the right track?

Offline Franlynch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 04 August 11 11:22 BST (UK) »
Hi there, welcome to roots chat - all my Brady's were all born in Ireland.  I found that they all had common first names also which makes it difficult to track down but wish you luck with your search even though I am unable to offer any  connections.

Offline Ross-Stewart

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 06 October 11 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am from Adelaide, South Australia and deaf.  My name is Ross Alexander Stewart *.  I am descended from John Patrick Brady and his wife Mary Willaroyse which my mother *, daughter of Annie Catherine Campbell (nee Buss) (b: 21 November 1887 in Bundaberg, Queensland; d: 13 June 1977 in Bundaberg, Queensland; burial: Bundaberg cemetery; aged 89), daughter of  Annie Catherine Buss (nee Brady) (b: 29 June 1862 in Ipswich, Queensland; d: 21 November 1887 in Ashfield, Bundaberg, Queensland; burial: Bundaberg Cemetery), daughter of John Patrick Brady (b: 1831-32 in Campbelltown, Sydney, New South Wales; d: 25 February 1872 in Ipswich, Queensland age: 40; married on 11 April 1860 in Eskdale, Queensland) and Mary Willaroyse (Willavoyce, Willavoyse, Willavoys, Willawoys,) (b: 1837 in England; d: 4 April 1910 in Bundaberg, Queensland; burial: Bundaberg Cemetery; marriage: on 11 April 1860 in Eskdale in Queensland), daughter of Frederick Willavoyce and Mary (unknown surname).

I want to know that if you maybe know the names of John Patrick Brady's parents, please let know, thank you very much.

Kind regards
Ross Stewart

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 06 October 11 12:39 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Ross, but we aren't allowed to post details of living people, email addresses, etc. so I've had to edit your post. There's lots of details on this topic already and hoepfully Sashar and wildgoose will soon see your post and reply here. If you do wish to get in touch with others to exchange recent family details, email addresses, etc. please use our PM (Personal Message) system after you've 3 posts. Best wishes, aghadowey (Moderator)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline SASHAR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 07 October 11 01:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Ross & Shascr,
I still haven't got back any further with my BRADY research so can't help you link any of these BRADY families together.
As Irish families seem to name their children after parents, grandparents etc the names keep recurring through the generations.
Because your John Patrick named his eldest son Edward, it is quite possible that would be John Patrick's fathers name or Mary Willavoys fathers name.
Not positively but possibly.
Bishop John Brady has just been reinterred at Perth and there are family trying to find his parents names.   If something can be found it may start to connect the Brady families in Australia.   One family thinks the parents were Edward and Rose but I haven't seen any proof of that.
Besides Bishop Brady b.c.1800 having a sister Annie b.c1807 there seems there is another sister Margaret b.c1781.   Quite a gap between so you would presume there are quite a few more siblings.
Margaret BRADY b.c.1781 m. Ireland, Patrick John FARRELLY b.c.1781 and their children were:-
Owen b.  c1811, Bernard b. c1812, Margaret b.c.1815, Terence (known as Fred) born 1819, (he settled in Perth, WA), John b.c.1824 and Marion b.c1826.

Regards,
Sashar
Researching:
Ireland: Farrelly, Brady, Bourke/Burke & poss Smyth/Smith, Connor
Scotland: Paterson, MacGregor, Graham
Derbyshire:  Richardson, Bryer
Germany/Prussia:  Hein, Nuske, Milich, Baum
Australia: Farrelly, Paterson, Richardson, Hein, Milich, Smith/Smyth

Offline pdaley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 01:04 BST (UK) »
Hi There,
I dont really know how this works but i was googling my nanna's name, Maureen Fixter originally Maureen Sweeney, and it came to you. I was born in Bundaberg. Does this mean anything to you?

Offline shascr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 30 January 13 10:09 GMT (UK) »
My first time on chat so here goes.
I have been researching my Brady line for some time but always seem to come to a dead end.
I came across the Farrelly /Brady line. Bundaberg. Similar details to the Brady I am looking for:
My Bradys:
John Patrick Brady.  b1831-32  (said to be born Campbelltown, Sydney)
married:  Mary Willavoys (Willawoys,  Willavoyce)   11/4/1860  Eskdale,  Queensland
John Patrick Brady died: 25/2/1872 in Ipswich (at the age of 40) after a tragic accident while droving stock on Cressbrook station in Queensland.   
After  John  Patrick Brady died his widow   &    their 3 children      (Edward 11, Annie 10, Frederick 8) ,  moved to Bundaberg.
I have very little, if none any , information prior to 1860 on this family.
While reading Farrelly/Brady line I noted names of relatives that my Bradys have , eg: Ann, Annie, Patrick,Peter & Edward could I be on the right track?