Author Topic: MOULDER - Worcester / Kidderminster / Severn Stoke  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Dizzy Blonde

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
MOULDER - Worcester / Kidderminster / Severn Stoke
« on: Sunday 03 October 04 10:23 BST (UK) »
I am stuck.

I have  a real jigsaw of bits that I have half managed to fit together, but I can't find some of the peices.  ???

Mary MOULDER born 1791 in Worcester (according to the 1851 Gloucestershire census) had a brother John born 1799 in Severn Stoke. The mother for John  is listed as Sarah, no father given.  ???

John married Ann(e) KI(E)RBY in Kidderminster & I have managed to trace that part of the tree (thanks to Mary's old will),  ;D but I cannot for the life of me find who Mary's father was, nor can I find any mention of her in Worcester.  :'(

She married John FERRIS in 1830 in Gloucester (I did not get the info, someone else did & did not have the father's name). John married Anne in Kidderminster in 1824, once again no fathers name known.  :'(

Is anyone else reseraching this name, or does anyone have ANY clues as to her father or origins?

Any help appreciated.

Pat
RIP 1953-2005
BRYAN - Wolverhampton Staffordshire & Shrewsbury Shropshire
EMMS - Wolverhampton Staffordshire & Dowdeswell Gloucestershire
HAWKINS - Stroud Gloucestershire
FERRIS - Tanworth Staffordshire & Hartpury / Corse Gloucestershire
MOTT - Cheltenham Gloucestershire
PARKINSON - Bradford W Yorks
WEEDEN - London
THORNE - London
HILL - London
ALLEN - Lancs
GRANDISON - London
MARGERISON - Bradford
TETLEY - Bradford & Leeds

Offline philipwills

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: MOULDER - Worcester / Kidderminster / Severn Stoke
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 16:09 GMT (UK) »
This might be a total red herring but...
I know of a John Moulder married Sarah Turner.
Unfortunately this is from the LDS - "submitted by a member" and i am usually dubious about these but here goes.
The marriage was on either the 1st or 5th of May 1795 (there are two submissions) at Fyfield in Gloucesterhire.  There is no such parish but the village is in Eastleach Martin parish.
My interest in John and Sarah is that I think/hope that they may be the parents of Samuel (B. 1806) and Mary Ann (b 1804) in Bibury, Gloucs.  This is not far from Eastleach Martin.  How John born in Severn Stoke fits in with this would be an interesting question!
Wills and Short (devon) but Payne (Berkshire), Lowen & Danton (Kent), Hill and Moulder (Gloucs) are my current targets

Offline Dizzy Blonde

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MOULDER - Worcester / Kidderminster / Severn Stoke
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 January 05 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if this is the same Moulder Family!

I have a Mary too, but she was born 1791 in Worcester, she is the sister of the John born Severn Stoke. I know this is correct, as I have her will.

There were another family of Moulders in my family, born in Gloucestershire which I will be happy to share if you wish.

Regards

Pat
RIP 1953-2005
BRYAN - Wolverhampton Staffordshire & Shrewsbury Shropshire
EMMS - Wolverhampton Staffordshire & Dowdeswell Gloucestershire
HAWKINS - Stroud Gloucestershire
FERRIS - Tanworth Staffordshire & Hartpury / Corse Gloucestershire
MOTT - Cheltenham Gloucestershire
PARKINSON - Bradford W Yorks
WEEDEN - London
THORNE - London
HILL - London