Author Topic: Maddening Maylors!Everton/Liverpool 1841 census lookup please!  (Read 2104 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maddening Maylors!Everton/Liverpool 1841 census lookup please!
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 08:41 BST (UK) »
a couple in Bodolph ,London - but the vast MAJORITY of Maylor 1500-1600 are Bristol , Gloucestershire
this looks to be the firstin Lancashire I can find

Baptism: 13 Apr 1662 St Leonard, Padiham, Lancashire, England
Mary Maylor - daughter of John Maylor
    Abode: Higham
    Source: Original Parish Register

10 years after the Civil War finished - it may be that Maylor was a soldier and settled in Lancashire after the Civil War ?
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 08:46 BST (UK) »
Hello LaughingBoyNorth, I'm the original poster about the Maddening Maylors. I believe you have just broken down one of my brick walls regarding William & Martha but I'll have to check when I'm slightly more awake :) I may (or may not!) have a lead regarding the Wales part of your mystery. To be honest I've never really got my head around it and relates to Elizabeth Ducker rather than the Maylor name. Elizabeth Ducker's mother was Mary, maiden name Roberts. She married a James Ducker in 1822 in Liverpool. Allegedly her mother was Elizabeth who lived to be over 100 years old and was from Northop,Flintshire and at one time lived in Bagilt ,Flintshire. Maybe that might tie in  with Maylors being Welsh and being from a similar area.. somehow??? There's also another very tenuous suggestion of of Maylors having connections to Denbighshire via Walter Maylor born 1867/68 ish but that one is even less of a guess!!! I have some information that I could send you to see if you can make head nor tail of it and possibly make things clearer. I now have brain freeze and think I need a coffee ;) x
sorry to burst your bubble - but the Ducker family have been in Liverpool since before the Civil War
Prescot is part of Liverpool - though it wasn't then - Prescot to Liverpool City Centre is 8 miles

Marriage: 16 Dec 1638 St Mary, Prescot, Lancashire, England
Will[ia]m Ducker -
Isabell March -
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline woodydog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 08:49 BST (UK) »
It's Mary ROBERTS (who married the Ducker) that is the link.. ;)
Pratt- Catterick/Richmond N.Yorks & Wilsden/Halifax West Yorks
Maylor- Preston/ Poulton Le Fylde
Whitaker- Halifax
Dixon- London & Yorkshire
Booth-Middleton,Oldham,Royton,Lancs
Boyling-Oldham,Royton & Shropshire
Harris- Bradford, Prestwich Manchester
SMITH!! Kirkcaldy, Manchester
Sturgess-  Preston Candover, Hampshire & London
Nixon- London
Walters- London & Hampshire
Settle - Halifax & Brighouse