Author Topic: Jones buried in Overleigh Cem Chester/Wales connection  (Read 2088 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Jones buried in Overleigh Cem Chester/Wales connection
« on: Saturday 11 March 06 15:47 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure where this John Evans born October 1805.Llandrino Montgomeryshire fits into my tree.He died in Saltney in 1875.Was Buried in March st Mary Flintshire. His wife was Mary Thomkins she died in 1878.
I also have burials in Overliegh cem in chester these are
Thomas Henry Jones buried 1933 wife Elizabeth died 1939
Thomas Evan Jones 1972. His wife was Catherine Cecelia Greatorex the daughter of one of my ancestors.
Evan Jones 1883 wife Mary Jane Evans 1920
I don't know about this one.
Cyril Henry Jones died 1918. I have a few references to saltney in my tree. Its a bit confusing because my family is Jones Grandad came from Staffordshire  he married a Greatorex 1908. Then a Greatorex married a Jones in 1937.
Are these people related to anyone out there ???

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Terance Jonathan Payne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jones buried in Overleigh Cem Chester/Wales connection
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 September 06 04:42 BST (UK) »
Hey Celia, my grandad was William Ledsham Jones, he married Doris Irene Harp, who's cremated remain's( as they call it now )are buried in Overleigh, precautionary note
not all graves are marked accuratly ask winnie at the lodge
(lovely woman always helpful ) her daughter is a stone mason.When my sister died her c/m's were buried with my grand-mother but the gravestone on the plot only names Carlsson my sister Deborah.Anyway if you do go to the cemetery again say hi to Winny !!!> :)
Harp Oakes,Croshaw,Payne,

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 September 06 20:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Terry
These Jones's have been sorted out since i posted the topic. Cant remember about the John Evans.So i don't think he was mine. I did  have the grave number of the Jones and who was in them.From the Overleigh website.These are not my direct ancestors,but i was interested in one Jones that one of my ancestors married.Overleigh records department kindly sent me a map of both old & New cemeteries.Marking out where the grave was,The person i was looking for was not mentioned as buried on the website.Because it only goes up to the 1950's Thomas Henry died in the 70's. However it has just this week been confirmed for me that Thomas is in the grave,I have to say the records department have been extremely helpfull going through books of records for me.Nothing is to much trouble,which is a nice change these days.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Terance Jonathan Payne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 September 06 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia
 thanks for your reply,its not easy this family records thingy
 on my second trip i found out that all the records from overleigh had been taken to Blacon, so  i had a taxi ride to Blacon,i got the info i wanted,and then a taxi ride back to the cemetery, and i was finally standing at the graveside of my family. Your right they are so helpful, and i found out that my aunty Estelle Margaret Jones died aged 4, my grand father William Ledsham bought the plot in 1937, its the extra info like that,that makes it all worth the trip.
I also found that if you use King Kabs ( 01244 343434 )
they are really promp and reliable, my thanks to them.
I have my grand-fathers parents now, Arthur and Eliza Jones,Eliza's maiden name was Jones.but i dont know where they are buried or any dates yet, regards Terry. 
Harp Oakes,Croshaw,Payne,