Author Topic: 1871 Census-BIRKIN-COMPLETED  (Read 9626 times)

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Census-BIRKIN
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 March 06 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Suz,

The Bushey parish records contain the following   ...

HARY STROVER BIRKIN  s/o Allan Starr and Hannah (Robinson). A warehouse man.  Born 07 Feb 1870 Christened 25 June 1871 at Bushey.

Census information is Crown Copyright http:/www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 March 06 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Suz,

...   and finally,  the Bushey parish records contain the following   ...

HARRY STROVER BIRKIN  s/o Allan Starr and Hannah (Robinson). A warehouse man.  Born 07 Feb 1870 Christened 25 June 1871 at Bushey.

ALLAN STARR BIRKIN of Bushey.  Buried 12 May 1871.  Age 27.

Regards   ...   Peter
Census information is Crown Copyright http:/www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 March 06 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Peter,
This is really much more information than I expected to get.
Well done
Very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline plain jane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 09 August 09 18:31 BST (UK) »
hes my grandfather are you intrested, i have all the files on him

Offline plain jane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 09 August 09 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Harry Strover Birkin was my great grandfather, I am from Nottingham, he had a child mable Alice Mar 1895 she was my grandmother,He married Mary Lizzy Elliot he was 22 years old, there is quite a scandal hear,She marry Lizzy died 1962 at the age of 86 years, she was a very lovely lady, very small and very pretty,His Harry's father was Allan Star Birking His parents were Allan and Hanna Birkin at age 27 1844 he was married to hanna, Harry was one month.Mable s Berkin was 1 year Ada L prince who lived in the house was 16 Hanna was 23  in 1844 they lived in the Watord Districe Hertfordshire but in 1877 HANNA Birkin according to records moved to Pancras London Middlesex.
My line for the family came from Harry marring Mary Lizzy Elliot who had Mable and she married John Henny Guy. I do have some papers given to me by my grandmother Mab(Mable) there is a lot of unanswered questions regarding Lord Birkin and Tim Birkin the race car driver, My grandmother had a trust that sent her to private school from the Birkins, thats how she met my grandfather, if you are intrested let me know. may be we can work together to answer some of the questions.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 13 August 09 00:11 BST (UK) »
hello Jane

it sounds as if you have a lot of information.

I apologize for my delay in replyng - but i should have completed this post a couple of years ago  as I am no longer researching this line.
When you have made 3 posts I will be able to private message you and explain my reasons

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline plain jane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 13 August 09 16:34 BST (UK) »
hello Jane

it sounds as if you have a lot of information.

I apologize for my delay in replyng - but i should have completed this post a couple of years ago  as I am no longer researching this line.
When you have made 3 posts I will be able to private message you and explain my reasons

Suz

Offline plain jane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Census-BIRKIN-COMPLETED
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 13 August 09 16:36 BST (UK) »
I am so glad you answered me, I thought there was not chance of a reply, I have birth and death certs for grandparents in England, I left for Canada when I was young, now I get to try and find more information for my children.

Offline plain jane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Census-BIRKIN-COMPLETED
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 13 August 09 17:57 BST (UK) »
information you may want, Harry Strover Birkin of 197 Standard Road Mapperly died on the 22 of January 1927, from TB my father was his constant grandchild who also developed Tb at the age of 3.
Harry left a widow Marry Lizzy my great grandmother, she died in 1962 the 3rd of February.
They were married October 14 1893 he was listed as a lace agent she was a lace mender. Allan Star Birkin was the witness on the marriage license
They had only one child that lived her name was Mable Alice Birkin
I hope this helps I have the information from then to now on their descendent's, all I have before that is his parents, her parents , and some information that so far is not all checked out.