Author Topic: Re: apps  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Flo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: apps
« on: Tuesday 28 September 04 21:22 BST (UK) »
Hi there

I am looking for Apps family from Maidstone and Worcester during 1880-1920.  Any ideas.  Many thanks.

Offline Flo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 September 04 21:27 BST (UK) »
New to this site and using computer, need help in finding birth of my grandfather, who I think fibbed about his age.
Marr. cert.-1915 aged 27 charles apps, father william edward hops warehouseman, death 1964 aged 78 Birmingham.
Married ethel lydia dilworth aged 22 born 1896 died 1971,
she too fibbed about age when married.
Any help or advice from a a kind person, Iwould be most grateful, thanks in advance Brian Apps

Offline Flo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 September 04 21:33 BST (UK) »
Hi again.

I forgot to say that I am researching Apps of Birmingham as well.

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 September 04 00:21 BST (UK) »
Ethel's fib about her age when she married. When you see teh marriag ecertificate it will say she was Of Age - over 21 and so not needing parental consent to marry. You are also likely to find that neither of her parents was a witness. I have found this same circumstance in my own family.
The reason for the groom's fib is more obscure. Let me know  if I am right, please.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 September 04 00:31 BST (UK) »
When I look at the 1881 census I see that every Apps family is in the south of England - Kent, Surrey. I can see a single family in Warwickshire, Birmingham. There the only likely candidate to be the father of your Charles is not William Edward Apps but William Charles Apps. There is some pedigree  there as parents were in the same house.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk