Author Topic: Evans family - Cilgerran/Kilgerran - Pembrokeshire  (Read 11070 times)

Offline shenvalfan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Evans family - Cilgerran/Kilgerran - Pembrokeshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 August 08 20:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks. I've checked, and there does not seem to be a match. I will be coming to Wales next month and hope to find out more in the county records office. Thanks for your help.

Offline rockdodger

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 30 June 09 20:27 BST (UK) »
Shenvalfan,

Don't know whether I can be any help to you but I am the g-g-g-g grandson of Moses and Martha Griffiths. I know bits and pieces about them and their descendents.

Offline shenvalfan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 June 09 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Just got your message. We must be cousins of some sort then. Did your ancestors come from the Moses Griffiths "Jr." line or the Margaret Griffiths line? Those are the two children of Moses and Martha Morgan Griffiths that I know; there may have been other children.

My U.S. cousin (I'm in the US also) and I descend from Margaret Griffiths (b. 1826), who married William Evans of Cilgerran. Our mothers were cousins, and their grandparents were Martha Evans Griffiths and Titus Griffiths, of Cilgerran.

Recently we have "met" online three other Griffiths cousins, all of whom descend through the Moses Jr. (b. 1828) line. Two are in Wales, the other in England.

Tell me more.
Andrea Sutcliffe

Offline ldavies

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 August 13 01:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Shenvalfan & rockdodger,

I know this is an old thread but I recently discovered that I too am a descendant of Moses and Martha Griffiths. Their son Samuel would be my 3rd great grandfather. I was wondering if you have any information at all about them? Thank you very much.

lyndsey

Offline Tattyjacket

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 11 October 19 15:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm interested in James Evans from Cilgerran.
My James Evans was born in 1870 in Llandisilio. He became a teacher and an organist. Married a lady called Mary. As far as I know, they had no children. He had a sister called Barbara.
Devereux