Author Topic: Gare family from Somerset  (Read 5078 times)

Offline owen

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Gare family from Somerset
« on: Tuesday 05 October 04 11:07 BST (UK) »
 :D
My mother was a Hilda Maud Gare and I can trace her lineage back to a James Rogers [roges] alias Gare ; B, 22 jan 1792 Kingston [married to Martha Ham on the 27th dec; 1816 at Somerton. eng; died 27..11..1869 age 75. at Somerton//
there is a mention of a George Rogers 26th dec 1791 and Elizabeth Geard who could be James 's parents?? Direct lineage is as follows;         ME,
Owen Sinclair Powell     mother      Hilda Maud Gare.   her father   William Gare,   his father  John Gare B1843 M, Isobel Russell ;  his father was James Gare B. 1863 Somerton, Died Bendigo gold fields Australia 1863 and was married to Leah Hays; his father was the James Gare above.
.any further info re the Gares is welcomed.
they were I believe glove makers and came to england from France after the edict of Nantes, and maybe Flemish. any help solicitated thanks owen
Scotland .   McGowan ;   Wilkie :
London   .   Morgan ; McGowan ; Dash ; Day ;
Middlesex.  Powell ; Gare ; Plim ; Daws ;
Surrey    .    Miles ;
Hampshire . Picknell ; Morgan ;
Sussex  .      Picknell ;
New Zealand/ Australia ;   Powell ; Aitken ; Gare ;Fraser
Shetland Isles/ Fraser; Robertson /Sinclair

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re: Gare family from Somerset
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 October 04 11:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Owen,

I am going to move this message into the Somerset Board where it is more likely to be seen by researchers with information to help you.

Good Luck,

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.