Author Topic: MONEY - Inkpen  (Read 7908 times)

Offline PilgrimRob

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MONEY - Inkpen
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 09 November 10 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matt,

(Please note: The following is from IGI with one or two dates from a couple of Ancestry family trees. I like to verify such info with parish records but haven't done so yet.)

Laurence had eight children including your Grace and my Richard, b 1565, m Gillian Battell (b Hurst, 1569)  m June 7, 1590, and they had Symon b 1607,  in Hurst. (Only child I've found so far).
Symon married Mary Farrer (also b 1607) in 1628. Four children, with my line continuing through Richard Money, b 1629. Richard married Elizabeth (b  about 1640) and I've found two children Richard (not too sure about him as his birth is given as 1654 when Elizabeth would have been about 14!) and John, b 1663 in Thatcham.
John married twice. First marriage was to Abigail, 1665-85, and their son Thomas was born in Letcombe Regis in 1685, the year of her death. (He then married Ursula Steele and there were four children).
Thomas Money married Hannah Savage in 1706 and there were eight children. My line continues through Richard, b 1709, who married Hester Knap, b 1717 in Blewbury. They had 8 children, including my final Money, Hester, b 1737,who married Richard Bavis (or Beavis) in 1757 in Steventon. The Beavis family married into a series of Fletchers and Priors of Steventon, finally producing Mary Ann Fletcher of Steventon, 1856-1944, my g grandmother.
My Steventon ancestors all seemed to have been agricultural labourers. I suspect the Beavis family and the Moneys (in particular) were higher up the social scale. Would love to know more about the Moneys.
That's the condensed version!
Cheers
Rob

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 November 10 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matt,

(Please note: The following is from IGI with one or two dates from a couple of Ancestry family trees. I like to verify such info with parish records but haven't done so yet.)

Laurence had eight children including your Grace and my Richard, b 1565, m Gillian Battell (b Hurst, 1569)  m June 7, 1590, and they had Symon b 1607,  in Hurst. (Only child I've found so far).
Symon married Mary Farrer (also b 1607) in 1628. Four children, with my line continuing through Richard Money, b 1629. Richard married Elizabeth (b  about 1640) and I've found two children Richard (not too sure about him as his birth is given as 1654 when Elizabeth would have been about 14!) and John, b 1663 in Thatcham.
John married twice. First marriage was to Abigail, 1665-85, and their son Thomas was born in Letcombe Regis in 1685, the year of her death. (He then married Ursula Steele and there were four children).
Thomas Money married Hannah Savage in 1706 and there were eight children. My line continues through Richard, b 1709, who married Hester Knap, b 1717 in Blewbury. They had 8 children, including my final Money, Hester, b 1737,who married Richard Bavis (or Beavis) in 1757 in Steventon. The Beavis family married into a series of Fletchers and Priors of Steventon, finally producing Mary Ann Fletcher of Steventon, 1856-1944, my g grandmother.
My Steventon ancestors all seemed to have been agricultural labourers. I suspect the Beavis family and the Moneys (in particular) were higher up the social scale. Would love to know more about the Moneys.
That's the condensed version!
Cheers
Rob

Well I have the same info on Richard Money Gillian Battell, plus their son Symon's marriage (although I didn't know he was their son before). Having the rest of this will help tie the ends up as the Moneys were quiet a well established and large family. Yes they do appear to have been further up the social ladder (as were the Head family) and left several large Wills and appear to have a good deal of money (no pun intended). I will check through the notes I have and see if I can find anything else that helps with your Money line but it may take me a few weeks to do as I am a bit busy at the moment. Hope that's ok

Matt

Offline PilgrimRob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 November 10 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matt.
Look forward to that, when you have the time.
Rob

Offline Davinia Smith

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 February 19 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi from thomas money 1685 M1706. Hannah Savage 1685. Their son john money 1706 M. 1730 Mary chaund 1706 had 8kids one was henry money 1731 M. 1754  anne edmunds 1736 they had  12 kids it looks like from family search. Their child mary money 1757 M. 1778 Ambrose strange 1760 berks this is my line the stranges and moneys 7 gens from them is me lol trying to find who ambrose parents are

Offline slv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 01 August 23 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone, I'm late to the party here, but would be interested in getting in touch with MattD30, as it sounds as though you have access to a lot of family info. I'm currently working on my husband's family tree. He's descended from Walter Money's brother James Henry (the architect) and I'm trying to find out whatever I can both about James Henry's son Frederick (my husband's great grandfather), and about Walter and James Henry's ancestors.

At the moment I'm stuck on Walter and James Henry's grandparents. I have their parents as John Money (1785-1874) and Maria MacLachlan (1794-1884), but I don't know where or when John and Maria got married.

Nor do I know John's father (let's call him "X" Money), or his paternal grandfather ("Y" Money), although it looks as though "Y" Money, born around 1720, was the son of Joseph Money (b.1656). I've managed to get a line back from Joseph Money to Richard Money, born around 1500, who married Ann Andrews in Sutton Courtenay, Berkshire, in 1546 - but I have lots of gaps!

Matt, if you have any contact with living descendants of James Henry Money (or indeed Walter), I'd be fascinated to get in touch with them as well, to see if I can add to any of our family lore.

Thanks in advance! I have to make three posts here before I can PM or be PM-ed by anyone, so I'll have to think of some more things to say :-)

All the best, Sarah

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 02 August 23 01:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Sarah,

Welcome to Rootschat - I'm sure you will find a lot of helpful  members here.

Just to start;

John Money - m - Maria McLachlen 23-8-1827 Shaw cum Donnington, Berks

James Henry Money - m - Martha Jane Vincent 6-11-1862 Newbury St.Nicholas

I haven't found any birth/Baptisms for either.

Taken from the Marriage CD ex Berks FHS

I don't have any "Money" anestors in my tree and only saw the above when I had the CD open  and looking for some of mine.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline slv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 02 August 23 06:36 BST (UK) »
Alan, you are a star! Thank you so much. I’ve been slaving over Ancestry and FamilySearch - how on earth did I miss that? That fits exactly with what I would have expected to find. Great stuff.

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 03 August 23 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah,

I didn't receive a notification of your reply so apologise for not replying earlier.

What I have found  are 6 baptisms (all with parents James Henry Money & Martha Joan) all in Speenhamland, Berks from 1864 to 1872. Of the six  is a James Henry Money bapt. 11-1-1872.

James Henry Money (the father) is recorded as a Architect.

As I mentioned before I haven't found any baptisms for either John Money & James Henry Money.

I can send details of the children if you would like them.

Alan

Added- I missed adding these entries;
Elizabeth Laura Vincent - bapt 10-7-1840 Newbury St.Nicholas (d/o Frederick & Caroline - Solicitor
Martha Joan         "            "    25-1-1842      "               "          "         "              "             

Hope these help
Alan

Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline slv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 03 August 23 18:28 BST (UK) »
Once again, thank you Alan! I think I do already have details of these children, but I am going to be away until the middle of next week, so I won’t have access to my files until then. I’m going to have to ask for help about a slightly earlier period in the Money family history when I get back, so thanks in advance to you (or anyone else!) who can help on that.

In the meantime, wishing everyone a lovely week!