Author Topic: Help needed! Stewart/Reid/Whyte  (Read 24874 times)

Offline lynliam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed! Stewart/Whytes/bate/kelbie travellers
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 14 April 20 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hello I am looking for information on 2 sets of Stewart's who married each other. Both travelling in the late 1800 around north east Scotland

Mary robertson and John Stewart last recorded 1891 at travellers camp balmaud woods Aberdeenshire, daughter Katie Stewart was my great grandma married Robert Stewart

His parents were Robert Stewart and Mary bate I can't find anything other than they were my great great grandparents

My grandpa was Michael kelbie Stewart born new pitsligo Aberdeenshire eventually lived and died in Elgin

Any info or help greatly appreciated

There is a link to Whytes and Macphersons somewhere too

Offline RBcabal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed! Stewart/Reid/Whyte
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 01:08 BST (UK) »
I have some info on your grandfather MICHAEL KELBIE STEWART. Born 1st April 1924 (later than current Privacy Rules for being online from Scotlandspeople). Died 14th November 1980 in Dr Gray's Hospital, Elgin (lived at 82 Newmills Road, Elgin) - died from Pancreatic Fistule, Gastric Surgery, Bleeding Durodonal Ulcer, and Broncho-pneumonia - I expect you already know this. He was married to MARGARET HELEN HARROLD. His Record No. at Libindx.moray.gov.uk is NM174333 which may give you a little more detail. His death was recorded in the Northern Scot on 22 Nov 1980.
Kelbie, Jamieson, Keith, Williamson, Cameron, Stewart, White/Whyte (Scottish Travelling Families)

Offline lynliam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 01:15 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for replying, I have info on Michael kelbie Stewart and one of his brothers Richard but the rest of his family not much possibly a sister Janet. But his father Robert Stewart and grandparents Robert Stewart and Mary bate I'm at a loss so far, wondering if there is a kelbie link?

Offline RBcabal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 01:27 BST (UK) »
Not been able to find that link yet - and Scotlands People Centre is current in lockdown, but it's on my list to find. There are a number of possible connections, but I wouldn't like to say one for sure. I have a picture of his headstone, if you would like that. Its in New Cemetery, Elgin.
Kelbie, Jamieson, Keith, Williamson, Cameron, Stewart, White/Whyte (Scottish Travelling Families)

Offline lynliam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 08:36 BST (UK) »
Yes any lead be great

Offline Staceystewart1989

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 18 June 20 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm Stacey.. I just noticed your posts..
My great granny was Elsie whyte married to James Stewart.. They were of travelling folk there daughter betsy Stewart was my granny as my mum is named Elsie after her granny..
Hope this helps and have more info if you need it

Offline Megan26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 25 June 20 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Stacey my gran was Helen Stewart she was your grans Elizabeth (Betty) sister. I noticed your in Aberdeen as well just wondering have u managed to find out any information regarding the family history

Kind regards

Megan

Offline Staceystewart1989

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 03 July 20 05:12 BST (UK) »
Hiya again, wow that's amazing I've been reading the threads on here and I'm noticing a name that stands out..bigmahungry..my dad has mentioned that name before about us being related..
Now I'm totally convinced that my mum and dads side are related somehow..dad's side is..
David Stewart peterhead-(peekies)
Euphemia mcqueen Stewart-(phemmie) montrose,Aberdeen, peterhead
And mum's side is..Betsy Stewart (granny)
Alexander Campbell kelbie-(grandad)
I have some files here that were sent to me in confidence by my uncle whom I've just started to communicate with and wouldn't want to breach that trust..but I can give you names haha x

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 03 July 20 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Stacey, just a reminder that once you have done 3 posts you'll be able to communicate with other rootschatters privately by pm. Have a read of this to find out more.
https://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.