Author Topic: Samuel Parker - Swansea BMD/1841/51 look-up.  (Read 8166 times)

Offline undautri

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Parker - Swansea BMD/1841/51 look-up.
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 05 September 15 23:12 BST (UK) »
ive posted a reply on your Louisa Kirchner post

after Samuel Parker died Louisa Kirchner remarried in Stafford to Thomas Hill in 1881
in 1881 census she is living with
 Thomas Hill , husband
Samuel hill, son
Joseph hill, son ,
 Elizabeth hill , daughter
 and Ellen (Nellie) Collins (my mothers cousin who was on holiday there)
in 1901 she is living in lower gornal, staffordshire with her son Samuel p Hill and his family and Nellie Collins who never did come home from her holiday!
the children of Louisa that i know of are-
Louisa Parker b 1854 Swansea
Thomas Samuel Parker b 1857 Swansea
Ann mariah Parker b 1859 (my great grandmother) Swansea
Samuel hill b 1862 Swansea
Joseph hill b 1865 Swansea
Elizabeth hill b 1868 Swansea
... i assume that the last three took their step fathers name but were infact children of samuel parker
kath

Offline Phil Goater

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Harry & Floss
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 05 September 15 23:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks Kath,
I guessed you must be descended from Ann Maria. As far as I can tell Samuel died aged 36 in 1861 and is buried at Oystermouth where his Parker family came from (his Parker ancestors having originally crossed over from Ilfracombe in Devon). That would explain why the Hill name features for those born after 1861. Where did Thomas Hill hail from? My wife is descended from the eldest daughter Louisa Parker who married John Tasker in Swansea. When I have time I will dig out and scan the old photo to see if it bears any relation to yours. Watch this space!
Regards,
Phil
Goater, Smith, Henning, Scarlett, Lucas, Abraham, Langdale, Parker, Read, Curtis, Arm, Franklin, Bryant, Hart, Earl, White, Welch, Howard, Bateman, Hutchinson, Hunter, Lawes, Rogers, Brixey......

Offline undautri

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 06 September 15 01:27 BST (UK) »
thanks very much
i havent done much work on Samuel Parker so your info is brilliant
 louisa and samuels wedding was witnessed by mary ann parker with a x  ive found an igi record for mary ann parker born 1830 in swansea father thomas parker and mother mary ann rosser
Thomas Hill was born in Lower Gornal, staffs- he was a brick maker..... there dont seem to be any children from that marriage
the louisa parker thats related to your wife - did she die in 1878 in swansea?
im wracking my brains at the mo regarding john tasker ...ive heard my late mum talk about him
 ill ring my aunty in the morning to see what she knows
my mum was a veritable fountain of info who actively kept in touch with all her cousins and spent holidays in lower gornal with aunty beat , lottie and billy
 unfortunately she passed away last year and my memory isnt half as good as hers was.
lovely to "meet" you
kath