Author Topic: ***COMPLETED***Summer Lane, Birmingham  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
***COMPLETED***Summer Lane, Birmingham
« on: Wednesday 22 March 06 21:48 GMT (UK) »
In the 1871 census an ancestor of mine was an "Assistant" to a John Wilson and his family.  John's occupation looks like "Groom".

I noticed on the census images for all of Summer Lane that there are various families with occupations: Cabinet Maker, Boot Maker, Butcher, Baker etc etc and most of them all have their own "Assistant".

RG10/3122, folio 7, page 7

I was wondering whether anyone could give me anymore information about this area "Summer Lane".

Many thanks.

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline carol02

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Lane, Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 March 06 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan   If you go to Warwickshire, 297 Summer Lane by Loving Lass is interesting.   Carol

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Lane, Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 March 06 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carol.  I've had a look at the thread, and it answers my question!!!!

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand