Author Topic: Death Cert Emily MCCROHON 1891  (Read 4409 times)

Offline allycat

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The Cantwell Knights of Strongbow 1170
    • View Profile
Death Cert Emily MCCROHON 1891
« on: Saturday 25 March 06 07:24 GMT (UK) »
I have an unwanted Death Certificate of Emily McCrohon who was the daughter of Sydney Peter McCrohon NSW and Sarah Tindel of Ireland.  Emily was born in 1868 Rockhampton Qld.

She unfortunately died aged 23 years in 1891 Petersham NSW.

I had been trying to obtain the death cert of her grandmother, also named Emily McCrohon alias Amelia McCrohon nee Du Croix.
Abrams, Amor, Attwood, Bancroft, Bragier, Brennan, Bryant, Buchan, Cantwell, Cruse, Commins, Cullum, Debus, Denner, Dinner, DuCroix, Flanze, Gilkes, Greaves, Guthiel, Hansford, Hayes, Hokaanga, Homewood, Hoy, Inns, Jahn, King, Knee, Marriner, May, McCarron, McCavel, McCrohon, McFarlane, Merry, Milne, Montgomery, Most, Mott, Orth, Parker, Pine, Roads, Rueping, Sear, Siegner, Stanaway, Voss, Weber, Wheeler, Whitehall, Woodcock

Offline Jennifer Dawn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Cert Emily MCCROHON 1891
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 February 12 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am a descendant of Amelia McCrohon (nee Du Croix) who was married to Sergeant John McCrohon, Kings Own 4th, and chief Constable of Newcastle.

I don't have Amelia's death certificate but the Newcastle Family History Society provided me with photocopies of parish register material. This inlcluded the baptism of some of her children where she declared her maiden name to be Du Croix.

My grandmother Veronica Chantrill nee Hunt was the daughter of Mary Delanty and Edward Lockhart, son of Adelaide nee McCrohon, daughter of Amelia and John McCrohon. As Mary Delanty was illegitame and raised by Adelaide, her  marriage certificate which I have, states that her grandfather William Lockhart adopted her at the age of 3 yrs. Becoming her grandparents 'child', my grandmother therefore knew Adelaide as her grandmother. My grandmother told me that Adelaide's mother Amelia was French. If you have any information you could share please contact me. Jennifer Chantrill
Chantrill, McCrohon, Bullivant, Delanty & variants eg Delahunty, Lockhart

Offline Cal - Australia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 April 18 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennifer,

https://www.australianpolice.com.au/john-mccrohon/

maybe of assistance to you.

regards

Cal
Australia

Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data

Offline Jennifer Dawn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 April 18 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks so much for this link but it does not open, it takes me to a link where I can type in McCrohon. It came up with the name of Victor Harry McCROHON, a grandson of John McCrohon. Is that the info on the link you sent me.
Chantrill, McCrohon, Bullivant, Delanty & variants eg Delahunty, Lockhart