Author Topic: Hazzard family from County Cavan  (Read 4733 times)

Offline shopper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hazzard family from County Cavan
« on: Sunday 26 March 06 13:53 BST (UK) »
Have traced my GGGrandfather as being born in Cavan. His name was Richard Hazzard,born 1829. Married and fathered many children in East  Lothian and Midlothian, Scotland. His father's name was Alexander Hazzard (or Hassard) and he died in Glasgow. Richard Hazzard himself died in Dalkeith, Midlothian. Anyone out there think they have a link to this family?

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
Re: Hazzard family from County Cavan
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 March 06 18:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Shopper ive a Hassard in my Family tree his name was William Hassard married to Ann Jane oneill who was my grt grans mums sister,
in other words she was my grt grans aunt
well any how Ann Jane ONeill married William Hassard  they had a Daughter Agnes, i dont know if they had any other children but i think they reared my grt Gran as her mother wasnt married when she was born. My grt Gran Margaret Mulholland (she was given her fathers surname her mum was Margaret ONeill) was married out of the Hassards house 102 Raglan Street Belfast in 1894.  In the 1901 Census the daughter Agnes is head of house (widow now named McGrath) and her mother Ann Jame Hassard lives with her and she is also down as widow.
So my next port of call is to find out about Anne Jane oNeill and William Hassard.

Colette
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline peterrush

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Doing some work on my wife's family Tree... Agnes Hassard married John McGrath they had 2 sons William & John at the time of the 1901 census they were living in Raglan St. with her mother Ann Jane Hassard nee O'Neill.

By the time the 1911 census comes round Agnes is remarried to Edward Rice they have 2 children John & Lizzie.

William McGrath was my wifes grandfather.

Peter Rush
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline maria Reid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 June 17 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi I have a Gt Gt Uncle James Healy who married Isabella Hazzard whose father was David Hazzard married to Bridget Welsh. His father was Richard Hazzard married to Isabella Nisbet. Richards father was Patrick Hazzard married to Margaret O'Hara. They lived in and around the Lothians. David was born in Patthead Crichton Midlothian. James Healy and Isabella hazzard married in 1912 in St Mattheews RC Church Rosewell.

Offline smith62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 September 21 04:40 BST (UK) »
A lot of my family come from the House O' Muir
G/P David McCormack Smith - Margaret Jane Nisbet Hazzard
GG/p Richard Hazzard - Mary Henderson

and goes on and on