Author Topic: Hutton/Beveridge  (Read 3589 times)

Offline colvin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hutton/Beveridge
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 February 08 23:29 GMT (UK) »
Tom, thanks for your interest.  I, too, am amazed at the number of Beveridges in the Fife area.   I shall have a look at your postings and see if there are any connections.

Norrie, I think you have struck gold.  I know Isabella had a brother Charles and sons , Charles and Archibald plus a daughter, Euphemia.  It all ties in.   I am grateful for your input and shall now try and delve a little further.

Thank you both for your help.

Colvin

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 February 08 23:35 GMT (UK) »

Hello Again,

If you look at postings, you will see that there are many connections to other families through the Beveridges. If I can be of any help in any way, then I will be delighted to post you some answers.

Kind Regards,

Tom.

Offline jezebel

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 May 22 17:16 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, I understand that you will probably find that I am contacting this area 10 years in the future...!

Anyways, regarding Colvin's Euphemia Hutton Beveridge question - I have a similar one.
My Grandfather is Euphemia's son, and we were hoping to figure out who his father (my great Grandfather was).

He has told us that she married a John Morgan, who she had two children with.
After countless tries, I can't seem to find a John Morgan from the Oakley/Comrie/Dunfermline area. He tells us that his father was a, and I quote, "crook"  ;D, so perhaps there might be some prison/police records? - Can't find much on Scotland's People, though.

I've tried looking for marriage records - still nothing. Is there any chance that anyone is aware of/knows of a Mr. John Morgan from this area?

Thanks
Jezebel