Author Topic: Andrews Family tree  (Read 2962 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Andrews Family tree
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 28 March 06 10:11 BST (UK) »
The point is - I dont think they are related, but they just make the point that that there was more than one Andrews/Lee marriage around at that time, so don't take anything you find as Andrews/Lee as some long lost sibling and try to squeeze them into your tree by inventing all sorts of theories about how he gave the wrong name, the wrong age and the wrong place of birth on some later census or something!!!!!

(How often that seems to be done! The value of the complete indexes is that one can see just how many people of a particular name of that there are around, and therefore how easy it is to go off tracing the wrong ones!)

It looks from the births I found that I found your William Frank's birth.
If you are pretty sure they never strayed far from Elham/Folkestone area, I would carry on looking quarter by quarter from 1921, and just note any Andrews/Lee children in the 2a area, especially those that say Elham! I dont know what area Folkestone comes under, or whether neighbouring parishes all fall under Elham registration area, so that is why it worth jotting down all from a slightly wider area, just in case they pop up at a later date in your research.
All the best
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jemz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 28 March 06 10:58 BST (UK) »
so are these children related to sidney frank or not this is proving to be more hard work then its worth at the mo ???

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 28 March 06 11:28 BST (UK) »
You could try contacting the "Folkestone Herald" ............... they often print articles about people looking for lost relatives

http://www.folkestone.ws/folkestoneherald170305

Try to give them as much information as you know already.

Good luck

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 28 March 06 17:37 BST (UK) »
so are these children related to sidney frank or not this is proving to be more hard work then its worth at the mo ???

From the info we have, (i.e that they lived in Elham) it looks like William F could well be Sidney's son, esp if you already had an idea he had a son called William Frank.

But you'd need to get certificate for any more info.

The others are most likely all red herrings! Sorry I confused you with them!

What else are you wanting to know?  It seems Wiiliam Frank was born JFM 1920, - does that help? Were you wanting births of any of his siblings?

Would love to help you not confuse you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk