Author Topic: Birth and marriage lookup please Auckland Area  (Read 985 times)

Offline dutch missmarple

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Birth and marriage lookup please Auckland Area
« on: Monday 27 March 06 21:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Looking for the marriage of Robert William Wilson (b. 1872/73) from Shorne,Kent, England and ....?
He arrived in New Zealand probably between 1891 and 1909. Found him in the 1891 census but not in the 1901 census (in England).
His daughter was born 1910, so he probably got married between 1900 and 1909.
He lived in Wiri Papatoetoe Auckland so I'm hoping that he got married in this area as well.
I don't know where his daughter (Ethel Mabel Wilson) was born (according to my gr-gr-grandfathers churchbook she was born ?? 06 1910 ), but again I'm hoping in the same area.

Can anyone look this up please? Would also like to know what the name was of Ethel's mum. And were there any other children?

Any help grately appreciated.

Dutch Missmarple
Wilson: Writtle Essex, Shorne Kent.
Windley: Woodford Essex, Chigwell Essex, Blackmore Essex.
Halls: Chigwell and Woodford, Essex
Ambrose and Corteling: Sri Lanka

Offline DelBoy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kiwi Born n' Bred
    • View Profile
Re: Birth and marriage lookup please Auckland Area
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 05:33 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Checked marriages only found one Ethel Mabel Wilson, sorry still cant guarentee she is yours, but you may be able to rule her out or proove her.

(*)
Surname   WILSON
Given Names   Ethel Mabel
Sex   F
Spouse   GILBERT, Thomas Walter Douglas

This was the only marriage for her father in the time frame you suggested.

Year   1903
Folio   1220
Surname   WILSON
Given Names   Robert William
Sex   M
Spouse   MOORE, Frances Daisy

Here is another marriage  for a Robert William Wilson, the rest are after 1940c

Year   1890
Folio   0162
Surname   WILSON
Given Names   Robert William
Sex   M
Spouse   BRINKLEY,Amelia Mary

Sorry I cant be a little more help

Cheers
Del   

(*) Moderator Comment:
Information deleted as it is likely to contravene NZ law (BDMRR Amendment Act 2008)

Saunders/Sanders,Owen,Owens,Darrach,Wilson, Cardon,Gurney,Edwards, Holmes,Smith, Ohlson,Homewood,Shaw,Semple,Merrill,Smithyman,McCallum,Winslade,Morton,Hill,Donahoe,Inglis, Moore, Morgan, Lawrence/Laurence, Owen, Owens, Skelton,Steele, Caldwell, Wood, Parish,Read,Donaldson, Hill,Farren,Carnley, Bradford, Dugard, Lindsell, Restall, Plus many many more surnames, varied countries

Offline dutch missmarple

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 12:05 BST (UK) »
Hi,

thanks for replying.
The marriage for Ethel Mabel looks promissing. She would have been 29 then. Will have to order marriage-cert.

As for Robert William Wilson: since I found him in the 1891 census in England the 1890 marriage can't be him.
However the 1903 marriage could very well be him. Will have to order that cert. as well.

Thanks again.

Dutch Missmarple
Wilson: Writtle Essex, Shorne Kent.
Windley: Woodford Essex, Chigwell Essex, Blackmore Essex.
Halls: Chigwell and Woodford, Essex
Ambrose and Corteling: Sri Lanka

Offline DelBoy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kiwi Born n' Bred
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I checked the archives probate search for Robert William Wilson,  there was several, but none in Auckland. There are 211. for just Robert Wilson.

This is a good link for checking probates and some other archives.

http://archway.archives.govt.nz/SimpleSearchResults.do

I was also thinking that alot of people Ive found in the marriages DIDNT use their second names or their second names arent on the index. He may not have used his middle name either, So I hope the marriages I found will be the correct ones.

I also checked Manukau Memorial Gardens & Purewa Cem & Crem, no mention of a Robert William Wilson there.

Do you think he may have spent most of his life in Papatoetoe ? if so it may be worth writing or phoning Mangere Lawn Cemwetery, to see if they have him ? If you dont live in NZ let me know and Ill call them for you, it wont cost me anything for a local call.

Del
Saunders/Sanders,Owen,Owens,Darrach,Wilson, Cardon,Gurney,Edwards, Holmes,Smith, Ohlson,Homewood,Shaw,Semple,Merrill,Smithyman,McCallum,Winslade,Morton,Hill,Donahoe,Inglis, Moore, Morgan, Lawrence/Laurence, Owen, Owens, Skelton,Steele, Caldwell, Wood, Parish,Read,Donaldson, Hill,Farren,Carnley, Bradford, Dugard, Lindsell, Restall, Plus many many more surnames, varied countries