Author Topic: Transcript of St Sepulchres Church Graveyard, Northampton  (Read 87605 times)

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Transcript of St Sepulchres Church Graveyard, Northampton
« Reply #45 on: Monday 03 April 06 22:40 BST (UK) »
Sorry about that I put up the wrong one.  ;D

Census Crown Copyright

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My 6 X Gt Uncle James Brindley
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 03 April 06 22:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sandy
you have just solved a 4 year mystry for me ! Susan Markie aged 21 when she died in 1839 which means she was born abt 1817 to 18 and i have a birth of a Susanna Markie in 1817 Brington, Daughter of Thomas and Rachel Markie who moved from Brington to Northampton between 1816 to 1821 and also you found Rachel Markie, Thomas`s 1st Wife
The 2 Mary Ann Markies are also Thomas`s children one to his 1st wife and 1 to his 2nd wife !
the rest are of Joseph Markie and Rebecca Markies children.
which i did not know that they were there and now i have dates too !
I knew there were some there, just wished i could of found there graves !
Ian ;D ;D ;D
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 22:24 BST (UK) »
HI ian

My poor back is really giving me pain after nearly another 4 hours in the graveyard. !!!!!!!!!

Still finding other graves not noted so I think I will try and do a grave yard plan as it
seems as though the stones have been moved over the years.

If you give me a couple of weeks I will try and place your graves into it (unless of
course you already have a more detailed one.)

I can not see any Markie graves having now gone around (and around) the whole of the church yard.

I will also see if you wish me to if I can help with your missing information.

Don't let me take over your work if you wish to do it your way.

Will be in touch .  :)

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 05 April 06 14:27 BST (UK) »
The only plan i did was the one you have seen.
So the graves may still be there just not in the same place.  ???
I know there are some very old graves but i would of thought that Joseph Markie`s grave would of stood the test of time from 1881, but clearly not.

Oh dont worry sandy i never refuse any help, as sometimes i can do the same for others, and i will say this to anyone reading this if you need help in the East Kent area then i will see what i can do, as i will go to church yards or are local records office no problem.
and just to calrify things there, i am in Dover and the Medway is over an hour away ! LOL just in case some asks.

Ian
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 06 April 06 22:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian

I didn't mean the graves you had listed.  :)

Whilst at my 1st visit to the Record Office for nearly a year I looked up your
Greenough's and found 3 references to them.

I have taken digital images (copyrighted) so when I can read them (small print so
need my glasses LOL ) I will see if Thomas of 1811 is your man.

One does have the signature of Francis Greenough so bear with me.  :)

Off to bed now as had a really busy 6 hours at the N.R.O. and then had to download
and rotate over 400 images. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 07 April 06 11:34 BST (UK) »
Sandy i cant wait, thank you so much.
Just got 2 certs from the GRO and they sent me the wrong one ! still my family name, but not what i ordered >:( but it did help me LOL

Ian

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 07 April 06 17:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian 

Oh dear  :( can you send them back and get the right ones.

I did mean to say the other day that I looked for Francis's baptism on the N.R.O. St Seph's fiche but there was a bap at the right time but half of the information was missing  although it was a son. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news is I have just looked at the 1851 census and have seen that Francis is noted as a Baker so he is the one on the 1837 Bond of Administration for Thomas Greenough.

Don't quote me on that until I have looked at them fully it is difficult when they were
only a digital camera image (that was what I was downloading yesterday) totally
readable.

The Thomas noted above was a Carpenter ring any bells?

Anyway I will post in the next couple of hours as one is three pages long and more than likely nowadays long winded. LOL.

Sandy

Census Crown Copyright

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 07 April 06 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian

1. Bond for Administration to the Effects of Thomas Greenough late of Northampton Carpenter deceased
Dated 7th June 1837

Edward Rand Greenough eldest brother (of Thomas) next of kin administrator to Thomas Greenough
late of the same Town Carpenter .

Edward was a Plumber and Glazier . Francis noted as Baker and John Edens of the same Town Carpenter.

Both Edward and Francis sign.

Cheers Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 07 April 06 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian

Just read the second page (missed it 1st time  ;D) .

Thomas’s death recorded as 22nd January 1821.

The surety was £300.00 but it notes that he was not possessed of goods etc to that amount.

Maybe the delay in the 2 dates.

Sandy

Census Crown Copyright