Author Topic: Windmill Square - Macclesfield  (Read 36142 times)

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Windmill Square - Macclesfield
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 23 July 17 22:44 BST (UK) »
  Hi Carole ,
                  Sorry only just seen this.. ???
                   you still interested in communication ???

irishistory

Hello there, just back from hols so only just able to reply.

If you read my reply number 52 back in Oct 2016 you will see that it wasn't me who was interested in finding out more,but that I advised Cheshire Lass who was new at the time that you hadn't been online for a long time but that us both posting here would trigger a message to you to come back online.......which you have LOL

Regards

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Claire2306

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 07 December 19 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol8353,

I hope you don't mind me messaging you, but my daughter (Poppy) is researching Cpl Albert Worth as part of a homework project, who we believe to be your grandfather. He is one of her school's adopted war soldiers and she has chosen him because my mother's maiden name is Worth. I do not believe we are related, but she chose to study Albert because of the link in the family name. Last weekend she went to Macclesfield Cemetery and cleaned his grave with her teacher as part of the War Graves Project and we are now starting to research him. However, other than the basic information, we are struggling and wondered if you would be able to help us as we have come across your profile on the Roots page via a Google search.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Claire and Poppy

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 07 December 19 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Claire

And welcome to Rootschat.Lovely to hear from you.

I cannot go into too much detail now,but if you reply once more on this thread it will open up the personal messaging system to you and we can correspond about my grandad Worth,who died when my mum was only 12,in private.

Best wishes

Carol

Offline Claire2306

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 07 December 19 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,

Thank you so much for replying, it is really kind of you and I hope you don't mind me messaging. We just thought it was worth a shot but please don't feel you have to.

I have never used the site before so I hope this works.

Many thanks again,

Claire

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 07 December 19 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Claire

I will send you a PM and then we can converse in private.

Best wishes

Carol

Offline irishistory

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi irishistory
My gt-gt-gt-grandfather was John Hulme, my gt-grandmother was Ellen Smith, Hannah Maria's sister, are you still searching for info?

Cheshire Lass, I'm Back.......and yes would love to communicate.......
Antrim:Leetch(Leech)
Sligo:O'Garra
Carlisle:Bates
Macclesfield:Moores
Tipperary:Eagan(egan)
Willington:Nixon
Congleton:Dale

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 11 November 20 22:19 GMT (UK) »
I recently found some more information about one of the people I mentioned in this thread way back when. I include here in case anyone findss the thread and wanted to add to my previous information.

This concerns Ellen Swindells, who took over the provisions dealer shop on the corner of Windmilll Street and Black Road. She was named by Edward as his sister in law, yet tracing her back seemed problematic, the range of different birthplaces was wide, at her second marriage she gave her father's name as Thomas Oliver.

Well I eventually found that she was born to Thomas Oliver and Jane Lomas. They appear tio have posssibly had two marriages , 1809 in Bakewell  and 1819 in Hartington, both Derbyshire.
Ellen was born about 1812, no baptism found. I the previous marriage was not this couple then it explains why Ellen LOmas married James Jackson in 1833.

James died in 1867, and Ellen remarried Samuel Swindells in 1868, but he died 18 months later.

I am glad to have partly sorted this out,though it hasn't helped me trace the Jacksons back!
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com